At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Legal Department supports the vision and values of Wells Fargo by providing expert, creative, cost-effective, and timely advice and services to all Wells Fargo businesses and support functions. We operate in accordance with the highest standards of judgment, integrity, and ethical leadership to find creative solutions that best serve our customers, prudently manage risks, and contribute to Wells Fargo’s enterprise success.
Our group partners with clients to find solutions that best serve customers and contribute to the success of Wells Fargo. The Legal Department seeks to create a stimulating, diverse and collegial work environment in which team members collaborate effectively among themselves and with other groups throughout the company.
We are seeking an experienced attorney to join the Enterprise Litigation and Legal Order Processing support group of the Wells Fargo Legal Department. Responsibilities would include providing legal advice to the company in the areas of criminal and civil subpoena response, third party levy and garnishment response and general issues surrounding release of financial records and information to third parties. Other responsibilities include conducting legal research projects, acting as advisor to operations personnel in interpreting regulations and policies, and managing enterprise litigation, including but not limited to corporate properties disputes, contract disputes, and intellectual property disputes. We encourage minorities, women and other protected classes to apply.Required Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience as a practicing attorney
- Active State Bar membership
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research, counsel, and guidance on complex legal questions or inquiries
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to analyze legal issues in substantive law in area of practice and provide effective advice to clients on routine legal matters
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines
- Strong research and documentation skills
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents/reports
- Position requires previous experience in preparing and representing clients at depositions and court appearances
- Experience working in a fast paced, high volume litigation environment
- Specific experience working with a financial institution on issues involving criminal and civil subpoena response, third party levy and garnishment response and general issues surrounding release of financial records and information to third parties and government agencies
- Familiarity with the Right to Financial Privacy Act and Federal Garnishment Rule
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
MN-Minneapolis: 90 S 7th St - Minneapolis, MN
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.