At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Legal Department supports the vision and values of Wells Fargo by providing expert, creative, cost-effective, and timely advice and services to all Wells Fargo businesses and support functions. We operate in accordance with the highest standards of judgment, integrity, and ethical leadership to find creative solutions that best serve our customers, prudently manage risks, and contribute to Wells Fargo’s enterprise success.
The Legal Department seeks an attorney to join its consumer protection section. The individual selected will join an establish team of legal professionals responsible for providing UDAAP and fair lending legal counsel to all of the Company’s business and risk units. The individual will serve as an enterprise UDAAP and/or fair lending legal subject matter expert, and provide legal counsel to senior executives—including those in the lines of business, risk, and compliance—on a full range of compliance, supervisory, and enforcement matters. Primary responsibilities will include counseling business leaders on UDAAP and/or fair lending risks associated with new or existing business products, policies, or practices; assisting in the development of compliance risk assessments; and interacting with regulators and other external stakeholders.Required Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience as a practicing attorney
- Active State Bar membership
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research, counsel, and guidance on complex legal questions or inquiries
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to analyze legal issues in substantive law in area of practice and provide effective advice to clients on routine legal matters
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines
- Experience with the application of UDAAP and/or fair lending best practices for large financial institutions.
- Demonstrated ability communicating fact-based, rigorous legal analysis in a fast-paced environment and in a manner that is actionable by business leaders.
- Experience partnering with compliance risk professionals and internal auditors towards a comprehensive assessment of consumer protection risks.
- Experience in the development, execution, and interpretation of statistical analyses to measure fair lending or other risks.
- Ability to quickly and effectively analyze complex laws, regulations and the external risk environment, and to succinctly and competently provide effective solution-based legal advice taking into consideration legal risk and business objectives.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues, peers and professional staff as well as client groups in providing legal advice, and to operate successfully in a horizontal fashion across a legal group or similar professional organization.
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
MN-Minneapolis: 90 S 7th St - Minneapolis, MN
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
DC-Washington: 1750 H St Nw - Washington, DC
CA-SF-South Of Market Area: 45 Fremont Street - San Francisco, CA
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.