At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Legal Department supports the vision and values of Wells Fargo by providing expert, creative, cost-effective, and timely advice and services to all Wells Fargo businesses and support functions. We operate in accordance with the highest standards of judgment, integrity, and ethical leadership to find creative solutions that best serve our customers, prudently manage risks, and contribute to Wells Fargo’s enterprise success.
This position (i) negotiates, prepares, reviews, and revises documents memorializing all aspects of real property transactions related to the property held or occupied by the enterprise for its own use and related to the procurement of material and services necessary for the operation, construction, and management of such property; (ii) reviews and analyzes laws and regulations of impact to the acquisition, disposition, operation, construction, and holding of real property; (iii) provides legal advice relating to acquiring, disposing, operating, constructing, and managing real property as well as to risk, insurance, environmental, compliance, and regulatory matters; (iv) may conduct other research on matters pertaining to various aspects of the enterprise’s operations and provide legal advice on matters where the law and related case materials are defined and documented; and (v) may support the work of more senior counsel and may consult with more senior counsel as circumstances dictate. This position will be located in either Charlotte, NC, or Minneapolis, MN.Required Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience as a practicing attorney
- Active State Bar membership
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research, counsel, and guidance on complex legal questions or inquiries
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to analyze legal issues in substantive law in area of practice and provide effective advice to clients on routine legal matters
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines
- Experience as a practicing attorney in real estate transactional matters; experience in the purchase, sale, and leasing of commercial, retail, or administrative real property preferred
- Demonstrated ability to quickly and effectively analyze and to clearly summarize complex laws and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to create written documents that are easily understood by non-attorneys
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
MN-Minneapolis: 90 S 7th St - Minneapolis, MN
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.