At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Legal Department supports the vision and values of Wells Fargo by providing expert, creative, cost-effective, and timely advice and services to all Wells Fargo businesses and support functions. We operate in accordance with the highest standards of judgment, integrity, and ethical leadership to find creative solutions that best serve our customers, prudently manage risks, and contribute to Wells Fargo’s enterprise success.
The Wells Fargo Legal Department is seeking an experienced attorney to join its Change Delivery and Appraisal Procurement Group. The individual selected will join a growing team of legal professionals responsible for providing legal support in connection with all aspects of the Company’s production, procurement, and consumption of appraisal and other valuation products for its consumer lending operations. Primary responsibilities will involve providing legal advice to Company policy-makers, third party procurement managers, and enterprise risk partners. The team member will also be responsible for working with legal and risk partners to assess appraisal production and procurement processes, and assist with the enhancement and modernization of Company operations. Activities will include direct engagement with enterprise policy and line of business leaders, outreach and engagement with Legal Department and enterprise risk subject matter experts, research and assessment of applicable legal, regulatory, and corporate requirements, and the support of corporate due diligence oversight activities.Required Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience as a practicing attorney
- Active State Bar membership
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research, counsel, and guidance on complex legal questions or inquiries
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to analyze legal issues in substantive law in area of practice and provide effective advice to clients on routine legal matters
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines
- Relevant experience in advising clients on federal and state regulatory requirements
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.