At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Law Department supports the vision and values of Wells Fargo by providing expert, creative, cost-effective, and timely advice and services to all Wells Fargo businesses and support functions. We operate in accordance with the highest standards of judgment, integrity, and ethical leadership to find creative solutions that best serve our customers, prudently manage risks, and contribute to Wells Fargo’s enterprise success.
We are seeking an experienced attorney to join our Commercial Capital Finance and Leasing section to support the “Wells Fargo Capital Finance” lines of business. Capital Finance provides asset-based lending services, senior secured lending services, accounts receivable and purchase order finance services, and supply chain finance services to companies throughout the United States and internationally. Responsibilities will include the following: (i) advise on a wide range of commercial finance issues; (ii) create and update documentation templates; (iii) advise on issues of reputational, operation and legal risk; (iv) provide line of business support for compliance issues; (v) coordinate legal research relating to international business; (vi) perform legal due diligence for new or modified products; (vii) coordinate litigation and workout support with other Law Department colleagues; (viii) manage outside counsel relationships. This position could be located in Charlotte or Los Angeles. Wells Fargo is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V, and we encourage diverse candidates to apply.Required Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience as a practicing attorney
- Active State Bar membership
- Ability to analyze legal issues in substantive law in area of practice and provide effective advice to clients on complex legal matters
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research, counsel, and guidance on complex legal questions or inquiries
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines
- Asset-based lending and factoring/supply chain finance experience
- International commercial lending experience
- Major law firm and/or in-house experience with a financial institution
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
CA-LA-Downtown Los Angeles: 333 S Grand Avenue - Los Angeles, CA
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.