At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Legal Department supports the vision and values of Wells Fargo by providing expert, creative, cost-effective, and timely advice and services to all Wells Fargo businesses and support functions. We operate in accordance with the highest standards of judgment, integrity, and ethical leadership to find creative solutions that best serve our customers, prudently manage risks, and contribute to Wells Fargo’s enterprise success.
We are seeking an experienced commercial finance attorney to join our team of attorneys and paralegals supporting the Wells Fargo Commercial Distribution Finance (CDF) line of business. CDF provides financing solutions to support the efficient, uninterrupted flow of products from manufacturers to dealers across the U.S., Canada, and internationally. CDF offers inventory floorplan financing, receivables financing, asset based loans and similar financing programs across many industries, including Electronics & Appliances, Lawn & Garden, Marine, Music, Motorsports, Recreational Vehicles, Specialty Vehicles, and Technology. This attorney will provide transactional support for inventory financings, receivables purchases and factoring, and asset based lending transactions as well as advice and counsel with respect to legal, operational, and regulatory compliance and risk management. Specific responsibilities will include negotiating and drafting financing documents, program documents with manufacturers, dealers, and distributors, and syndication and participation agreements. This position will be located in Chicago, IL.Required Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience as a practicing attorney
- Active State Bar membership
- Ability to analyze legal issues in substantive law in area of practice and provide effective advice to clients on complex legal matters
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research, counsel, and guidance on complex legal questions or inquiries
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines
- Substantive experience handling asset based lending transactions
IL-Chicago: 10 S Wacker Drive - Chicago, IL
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.