At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Legal Department supports the vision and values of Wells Fargo by providing expert, creative, cost-effective, and timely advice and services to all Wells Fargo businesses and support functions. We operate in accordance with the highest standards of judgment, integrity, and ethical leadership to find creative solutions that best serve our customers, prudently manage risks, and contribute to Wells Fargo’s enterprise success.
We are seeking an experienced commercial lending attorney to join our Law Department in Los Angeles or Minneapolis. The individual selected will join a team of five attorneys and two paralegals who are responsible for providing legal support in connection with commercial lending activities and related compliance and operational risk support for three business lines at Wells Fargo: Business Banking Group, SBA Lending and Commercial Dealer Services. The individual selected will be working directly with senior leadership in these business lines and their corresponding loan centers to support Wells Fargo’s credit policy and regulatory procedures along with developing innovative systems and solutions, including best practices that support the customer and advance the vision and values of Wells Fargo.
The Business Banking Group is a line of business in Wholesale Banking that provides comprehensive financial services to customers primarily with annual sales from $5 to $20 million in 43 states. Our SBA Lending group provides U.S. SBA backed term loans and lines of credit through SBAs 7(a) and 504 loan programs. These two business lines have over 4,400 team members and 400 banking offices. Commercial Dealer Services supports floor plan and inventory financing along with real estate, acquisition and working capital loans for dealerships nationwide.
At Wells Fargo, you’ll have the chance to join a team of smart, dedicated and talented people who want to see our customers succeeding financially. Our diverse lines of business offer a world of opportunity to expand your capabilities and advance your career. We invest in our people and provide a supportive environment in which to learn, grow and lead. The Law Department seeks to create a stimulating, diverse and collegial work environment in which team members collaborate effectively among themselves and with other groups throughout the company. Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage diverse (Race/Disabilities/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation) candidates to apply.Required Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience as a practicing attorney
- Active State Bar membership
- Ability to analyze legal issues in substantive law in area of practice and provide effective advice to clients on complex legal matters
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research, counsel, and guidance on complex legal questions or inquiries
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- A strong understanding of Revised Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code, including collateral perfection, portfolio servicing, and lien release/subordination matters
- Real estate lending experience including construction lending and advising on issues related to title, title insurance and land use
- Experience in the financial services industry, including floor plan lending and SBA lending
- Ability to evaluate impacts to the supported lines of business based upon changes in laws/regulations and develop response
- Candidates must be able to assume responsibility quickly and have the ability to work in a complex environment requiring a high degree of collaboration and across multiple jurisdictions
- Bankruptcy, workout and collection experience
- The right candidate will also be capable of providing direction, guidance, training and resources to paralegals and/or applicable/relevant support staff
- Experience building partnerships, functioning well with project teams, and working efficiently and for the success of the team
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand environment while balancing multiple priorities
CA-LA-Downtown Los Angeles: 333 S Grand Avenue - Los Angeles, CA
MN-Minneapolis: 90 S 7th St - Minneapolis, MN
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.