At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Legal Department supports the vision and values of Wells Fargo by providing expert, creative, cost-effective, and timely advice and services to all Wells Fargo businesses and support functions. We operate in accordance with the highest standards of judgment, integrity, and ethical leadership to find creative solutions that best serve our customers, prudently manage risks, and contribute to Wells Fargo’s enterprise success.
Wells Fargo & Company is seeking an attorney with a minimum of five years of concentrated experience in consumer lending to work in one of the following offices: Charlotte, NC; Des Moines, IA; Minneapolis, MN.
The attorney will work in the Consumer Regulatory and Escalated Matters Section of the Legal Department and provide support to the following activities: customer remediations involving consumer issues, enterprise policy and procedure related to issue escalation and customer remediation, consent order implementation, Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection (BCFP) examinations and other BCFP related matters, including but not limited to escalated matters and responsible business conduct activities, and supervisory activities and other regulatory matters across Wells Fargo’s consumer businesses.Required Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience as a practicing attorney
- Active State Bar membership
- Ability to analyze legal issues in substantive law in area of practice and provide effective advice to clients on complex legal matters
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research, counsel, and guidance on complex legal questions or inquiries
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines
- Relevant experience in Dodd Frank Act Titles X and XIV, familiarity with the roles of, and guidance issued by, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) and the BCFP, and consumer lending regulations and third party relationships
- Expertise and experience in counseling business clients on legal, regulatory and reputational risks arising from complex matters involving consumer banking and lending, including expertise in supporting litigation and regulatory enforcement matters
- Demonstrated ability to quickly and effectively analyze complex laws, regulations and the external risk environment, and provide effective solution-based legal advice taking into consideration legal risk and business objectives
- Strong judgment, communication and leadership skills in guiding and influencing management, including senior management, on matters concerning compliance with consumer banking and lending laws and regulations, as well as related risk management
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues, peers and professional staff as well as client groups in providing legal advice, and to operate successfully in a horizontal fashion across a legal group or similar professional organization
- Experience working with business people, legal subject matter experts, and litigation and regulatory counsel to resolve escalated matters
- Experience counseling business and compliance personnel concerning responsible business conduct and planning and executing remediations
- Experience interacting with federal financial services regulators and enforcement agencies
- Knowledge of impacts of the Dodd Frank Act on consumer lending, BCFP, and the regulatory examination process
- Experience analyzing proposed regulations and working with subject matter experts and business management to develop policy positions and preparing and overseeing preparation of comment letters
- Strong documentation and negotiation skills as well as the ability to work independently and on teams
MN-Minneapolis: 90 S 7th St - Minneapolis, MN
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.