At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Legal Department supports the vision and values of Wells Fargo by providing expert, creative, cost-effective, and timely advice and services to all Wells Fargo businesses and support functions. We operate in accordance with the highest standards of judgment, integrity, and ethical leadership to find creative solutions that best serve our customers, prudently manage risks, and contribute to Wells Fargo’s enterprise success.
The Enterprise Functions Division of the Wells Fargo Legal Department provides legal advice and support to companies and businesses throughout the Wells Fargo & Company global enterprise. Our scope of responsibility includes regulatory compliance and operational risk management in eCommerce, mobile commerce, FinTech partnerships, innovations, technology, social media, and third-party risk management.
This experienced attorney will provide effective legal and regulatory advice and support for enterprise-wide eCommerce operations internally supporting Wells Fargo’s virtual channels, innovations, payments, retail, small, business, and wholesale internet businesses. Legal responsibilities will focus principally on digital and mobile product development and related operations for Wells Fargo websites and mobile apps (including Commercial Electronic Office), contract negotiation support for Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), FinTech company partnerships, and risk management.
The successful candidate will be skilled to do all of the following:
- Advise and support product managers, risk and compliance managers, IT professionals, technologists, system architects, and data security professionals in the design and implementation of mass-marketed financial products and services distributed through online, mobile, and social media channels
- Have broad experience with large and often enterprise-wide, global, or multinational technology and operations projects, involving a geographically diverse customer base, diverse personal technology, FinTech, and diverse levels of digital-media user experience
- Be skilled with gathering information in a fast-paced business environment, understanding business needs and goals, and working with intensity toward effective, practical, and timely legal solutions
This position will be located in any of the following cities: Minneapolis, MN; Charlotte, NC; San Francisco, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Des Moines, IARequired Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience as a practicing attorney
- Active State Bar membership
- Ability to analyze legal issues in substantive law in area of practice and provide effective advice to clients on complex legal matters
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research, counsel, and guidance on complex legal questions or inquiries
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines
- At least 5 years of relevant legal experience working in a financial services or financial technology corporate law department, or in a financial services practice group of a national law firm.
- Confident, shows initiative, yet willing to take direction from other attorneys. Understanding of reputation risk. Customer-oriented manner of interacting with coworkers.
- Knowledge of laws affecting e-commerce and mobile commerce (e.g., ESIGN, EFTA, TCPA, GLBA, FCRA, FTC and FFIEC guidance); financial services for consumer, business and commercial customers; authentication; information security and privacy.
MN-Minneapolis: 90 S 7th St - Minneapolis, MN
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
CA-SF-South Of Market Area: 45 Fremont Street - San Francisco, CA
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
CA-LA-Downtown Los Angeles: 333 S Grand Avenue - Los Angeles, CA
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.