At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Legal Department supports the vision and values of Wells Fargo by providing expert, creative, cost-effective, and timely advice and services to all Wells Fargo businesses and support functions. We operate in accordance with the highest standards of judgment, integrity, and ethical leadership to find creative solutions that best serve our customers, prudently manage risks, and contribute to Wells Fargo’s enterprise success.
The Legal Department is seeking an experienced attorney to join its mortgage servicing team. The individual selected will join a growing team of legal professionals responsible for providing legal support in connection with all aspects of the Company’s mortgage servicing operations. Primary responsibilities will involve coordinating the Legal Department’s support of regulatory exams, responses to regulatory questions involving mortgage servicing legal questions, and coordination with business support staff members on all aspects of regulatory matters related to mortgage servicing. The team member will also be responsible for evaluating the impact of all major changes in the law and assessing the impact on the Company’s policies and operating procedures and provides support in the implementation of changes to policies and procedures related to mortgage servicing, including but not limited to Reg. X and Reg. Z.Required Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience as a practicing attorney
- Active State Bar membership
- Ability to analyze legal issues in substantive law in area of practice and provide effective advice to clients on complex legal matters
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research, counsel, and guidance on complex legal questions or inquiries
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.