At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Legal Department supports the vision and values of Wells Fargo by providing expert, creative, cost-effective, and timely advice and services to all Wells Fargo businesses and support functions. We operate in accordance with the highest standards of judgment, integrity, and ethical leadership to find creative solutions that best serve our customers, prudently manage risks, and contribute to Wells Fargo’s enterprise success.
Wells Fargo has an opportunity for a patent attorney to work on our growing intellectual property team in the legal department. The patent attorney will develop patent strategies and support invention activities as we grow our patent portfolio.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Engaging business partners to identify and examine potential intellectual property opportunities and encouraging the creation and protection of intellectual property;
- Developing, coordinating and reviewing patent research and analysis projects, including portfolio analyses and competitive landscape analyses;
- Growing an invention pipeline and managing ideation workflow;
- Managing and leading invention harvesting sessions;
- Educating company employees on IP and the patent process; and
- Directing and managing work with outside counsel related to intellectual property matters.
- 5+ years of experience as a practicing attorney
- Active State Bar membership
- Ability to analyze legal issues in substantive law in area of practice and provide effective advice to clients on complex legal matters
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research, counsel, and guidance on complex legal questions or inquiries
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines
- 5+ years of experience filing and prosecuting patents as a patent attorney
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, preferably in engineering or a computer-related discipline
- Registered to practice before the US Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO)
- Participated in 20+ invention harvesting sessions
- Ability to counsel other lawyers on intellectual property issues that affect Wells Fargo
- Have personally prepared and prosecuted at least 50 patent applications
- Experience with patenting within the financial services industry
- Ability to work well in teams
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
MN-Minneapolis: 90 S 7th St - Minneapolis, MN
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.