At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Legal Department supports the vision and values of Wells Fargo by providing expert, creative, cost-effective, and timely advice and services to all Wells Fargo businesses and support functions. We operate in accordance with the highest standards of judgment, integrity, and ethical leadership to find creative solutions that best serve our customers, prudently manage risks, and contribute to Wells Fargo’s enterprise success.
Responsibilities include advising the Board of Directors and senior management on the design, governance, implementation, and ongoing administration of equity compensation and other non-qualified benefit plans; compliance with SEC, NYSE and other applicable rules and regulations regarding executive compensation, including SEC registration statements, benefit plan prospectuses, and proxy statement compensation disclosures; and compliance with international compensation governance and disclosure requirements. Additional responsibilities may include working with other Department attorneys in preparing compensation-related disclosures for parent company proxy statement.Required Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience as a practicing attorney; or 6+ years of experience as a practicing attorney and 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following areas: risk, compliance, contracts, government/regulatory, financial services, or technology
- Active State Bar membership
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research, counsel, and guidance on complex legal questions or inquiries
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to analyze legal issues in substantive law in area of practice and provide effective advice to clients on complex legal matters
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong research skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated sound knowledge and experience advising senior management of publicly traded companies on executive compensation matters
- Meaningful experience in advising senior management of publicly traded companies on compensation-related disclosures, including SEC registration statements, benefit plan prospectuses, proxy statements, and other public disclosure documents
- Detail oriented, able to analyze, and develop and execute solutions to complex legal issues, and comfortable advising senior management on high profile matters
- Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills, a demonstrated ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines, and a willingness to collaborate with colleagues and other team members
- Familiarity with NYSE and Sarbanes-Oxley compensation-related requirements, and with international compensation governance and regulatory matters
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.