Expanding access to affordable, high quality health care starts here. This is where some of the most innovative ideas in health care are created every day. This is where bold people with big ideas are writing the next chapter in health care. This is the place to do your life's best work.
The Credentialing Coordinator is responsible for activities associated with credentialing or re - credentialing physicians and providers, including processing provider applications and re - applications including initial mailing, review, and loading into the database tracking system ensuring high quality standards are maintained. Credentialing Coordinators will assist with audits and provide feedback to reduce errors and improve processes and performance. Responsible for the development of credentialing policies and procedures. May oversee primary source verification activities.
- Ability to establish and nurture relationships with specialty care providers.
- Knowledge of claims processing
- Apply knowledge / skills to activities that often vary from day to day.
- Demonstrate a moderate level of knowledge and skills in own function.
- Require little assistance with standard and non - standard requests.
- Solve routine problems on own.
- Work with supervisor to solve more complex problems.
- Prioritize and organize own work to meet agreed upon deadlines.
- Work with others as part of a team.
- Basic credentialing knowledge preferred, i.e., the difference between an MD and a DO, what is a Board Certified provider, what is a primary care provider vs. specialist, etc.
- Keeps on tasks, meets deadlines.
- Takes the initiative to write excellent notes while training in order to refer back to them to complete work; Does not just rely on asking the same questions, but also analyzes and researches.
- Attention to detail is a must and great organizational skills
- Is able to work independently but will ask for guidance when needed
- Takes initiative to ask to assist in other areas, as work grows and is willing to learn more and put forth extra effort
- Understands that we have rigorous deadlines and is willing to invest more time to meet them
- Has great camaraderie and interaction with peers and provider office personnel
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Experience working with Credentialing Providers, Provider Relations, or Quality Management
- Experience with Microsoft Word (creating, saving, formatting documents) Microsoft Excel (creating, saving, formatting spreadsheets) and Outlook (ability to open and send emails)
- Managed Care or Medical Insurance experience
- Medicare experience
- Experience in a production or deadline driven environment
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, healthcare, Data entry, Utah, Patient Travel Coordinator