Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
The Credentialing Representative is responsible for all activities associated with credentialing / re - credentialing providers. Includes processing provider applications, reviewing and loading into the database tracking system ensuring high quality standards are maintained. This role will be for Facility and Agency providers.
Positions in this function are responsible for all activities associated with credentialing or re -credentialing physicians and providers. Includes processing provider applications and re -applications including initial mailing, review, and loading into the database tracking system ensuring high quality standards are maintained. Conducts audits and provides feedback to reduce errors and improve processes and performance. Responsible for the development of credentialing policies and procedures. May oversee primary source verification activities.
Making this kind of impact is no easy task. This is a performance driven, fast paced environment where accuracy is key. You'll be helping us confirm to very exacting standards such as NCQA, CMS and State credentialing requirements.
- Help process provider applications and re - applications including initial mailing, review and loading into the database tracking system
- Conduct audits and provide feedback to reduce errors and improve processes and performance
- Apply knowledge / skills to a range of moderately complex activities
- Demonstrate great depth of knowledge / skills in own function and act as a technical resource to others
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Healthcare Customer Service / Administration experience
- Experience researching and applying government regulatory information
- Work experience using Microsoft Excel (sort & filter data)
- Work experience using Microsoft Word (create & edit documents)
- Healthcare provider credentialing experience
- Experience working with compliance workflows and processes, including NCQA policies and practices
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Credentialing Representative, Eden Prairie, UnitedHealth Group, Provider Credentialing