Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM Positions in this function are responsible for all activities associated with credentialing or re - credentialing physicians and providers. Includes processing provider applications and re - applications including initial mailing, review, and loading into the database tracking system ensuring high quality standards are maintained. Conducts audits and provides feedback to reduce errors and improve processes and performance. Responsible for the development of credentialing policies and procedures. May oversee primary source verification activities. Primary Responsibilities:
- Help process provider applications and re - applications including initial mailing, review and loading into the database tracking system
- Conduct audits and provide feedback to reduce errors and improve processes and performance
- Apply knowledge / skills to a range of moderately complex activities
- Demonstrate great depth of knowledge / skills in own function and act as a technical resource to others
- Making this kind of impact is no easy task. This is a performance driven, fast paced environment where accuracy is key. You'll be helping us confirm to very exacting standards such as NCQA, CMS and State credentialing requirements.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) or equivalent experience
- Experience with managed care, health insurance or medical insurance
- Experience working in administrative or clerical role
- Experience using a computer and Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word (create correspondence and work within templates), Microsoft Excel (data entry, sort / filter, and work within tables), and Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar management)
- 1+ years of experience in credentialing providers, working in provider relations, medical billing or quality management
- Experience in utilizing credentialing software
- NCQA experience highly preferred
- Knowledge of CMS credentialing requirements
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Healthcare, managed care, health insurance, medical insurance, MS Word, MS Excel, data entry, NCQA, CMS credentialing, credentialing providers, provider relations, medical billing, quality management, Credentialing Coordinator