Expanding access to affordable, high quality health care starts here. This is where some of the most innovative ideas in health care are created every day. This is where bold people with big ideas are writing the next chapter in health care. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
The National Credentialing Center is a fast paced work environment responsible for the credentialing and recredentialing of practitioners and facilities to per regulatory and accreditation requirements of individual states and oversight bodies.
The Credentialing Supervisor is responsible for daily operational activities associated with the credentialing requirements. The position includes inventory tracking, production management, and performance management per state, federal and accreditation standards and criteria. Credentialing activities include review and appropriateness of provider interest in joining the UnitedHealthcare network and processing credentialing applications and re-applications and overseeing the creation and updates to provider data records into the credentialing and network database tracking systems. Supervisors of Credentialing will collaborate with credentialing staff in conducting audits and providing staff feedback to reduce errors and improve processes and performance. Other responsibilities include the development of standard operation procedures, process workflows, department policies and procedures and representing the National Credentialing Center at interdepartmental meetings and workgroups.
- Set team direction, resolve problems and provide guidance to members of own team
- Conduct regular staff 1:1 meetings and team huddles, attend and represent team during daily workforce efficiency meetings
- Provide support and backup for other department supervisors as needed
- Adapt departmental plans and priorities to address business and operational challenges
- Influence or provide input to forecasting and planning activities
- Continuously look for and assist in implementing opportunities for improvement
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent years of experience
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- 1+ year experience of operational department supervision to include inventory management and staff productivity
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple ongoing projects within expected timeframes
- Attention to detail and be capable of taking responsibility for completion of assigned projects with deadlines
- Intermediate level of proficiency in performing research
- Professional verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to develop correspondence to facilities and clinicians
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Excel & Word
- 2+ years of experience with credentialing/recredentialing and/or privileging in the healthcare industry
- Experience with healthcare accreditation and regulatory standards including NCQA requirements
- Knowledge and experience with inventory tracking tools contained within Workforce Management, Omega, COE Scheduler, Impact, EZSubmit
- Knowledge and Experience working in NDB and PhyCon
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: NBD, Phycon, Provider credentialing, Dublin, Ohio, Supervisor, Manager