At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Government and Institutional Banking (GIB): Unique to the industry, GIB brings together Capital Markets and Commercial Banking solutions for the government, education, tax-exempt and nonprofit healthcare sectors into one team, offering an integrated approach that centers our business around the needs of our client. We take great pride in approaching each relationship individually, as one team, leveraging the resources of Wells Fargo to create the most value for our client.
Through close collaboration with commercial banking partners, credit partners, capital markets partners and others we are able to provide holistic solutions for our customers, focusing on building long-term customer relationships and deepening those relationships through strategic thought leadership, strong product knowledge, flawless deal execution and superior customer service.
GIB is looking for an experienced individual to serve in a Credit Advisory role for the teams. Specific Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for monitoring and tracking data related to the municipal credit market in an effort to identify pricing, structuring, market and credit trends which may be applicable for GIB existing and prospective clients
- Assist team members in deriving pricing and structural views on municipal credit transactions
- Partner with RGBOs on pricing and managing exceptions, developing a plan to strategically grow portfolio profitably in line with the overall credit strategy for the business
- Coordinate with RGBOs to maximize relationship development, client returns and LOB profitability
- Collaborate with deal teams to ensure standardized pricing, deal structure and terms & conditions across GIB
- Ensure loan documentation and term sheets are in-line with current market standards
- Provide subject matter expertise for GIB on key regulatory, market, competitive and credit trends
- Monitor competitive and regulatory landscape as it relates to the municipal business
- Collaborate with Wholesale ALCO, Credit Administration, Credit, Finance, Legal, Public Finance and Capital Markets
- Facilitate the club deal syndication process between client, counsel, banks, relationship team and agency services from proposal process through documentation and closing to facilitate a seamless experience for all stakeholders
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 7+ years of experience in capital markets, industry experience within the specific sector of the position, or a combination of both
- Ability to communicate confidentially and professionally
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats, with senior executive-level leaders
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong credit skills
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- 10+ years of experience in a relationship management or credit function
- Strong understanding of the GIB businesses and its clients
- Extensive lending experience preferably in healthcare, education and government segments
- Knowledge of healthcare, education and government business segments
- Comprehensive knowledge of credit policy, compliance, underwriting requirements and industry standards
- Demonstrated understanding of credit strategy dynamics
- Organized and attentive to detail; able to problem-solve with minimal direction
- Demonstrated high level of personal motivation, strong interpersonal skills, and a broad intellectual capacity
- Demonstrated leadership, initiative and ability to make independent decisions
- Demonstrated ability to partner across the firm
- Demonstrated ability to help analyze and drive strategic planning initiatives
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.