At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wells Fargo Commercial Capital (WFCC) combines Wholesale’s secured lending businesses including Asset Backed Finance (ABF), Commercial Distribution Finance (CDF), Corporate Trust Services (CTS), Wells Fargo Capital Finance (WFCF) and Wells Fargo Equipment Finance (WFEF). This consolidated group of businesses helps customers leverage their company’s assets into flexible financing solutions. WFCC is a leading contributor to Wholesales revenue, assets, and net income.
Wells Fargo Rail, a division of Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, is the largest and most diverse rail equipment operating lessor in North America, with more than 175,000 railcars and 1,800 locomotives. Based in Rosemont, IL, Wells Fargo Rail has the largest fleet of any rail operating lessor in North America, serving the North American market for rail equipment with customers in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
The Analytic Consultant 2 will work closely with the Credit Analysts, the Compliance team, Portfolio Manager and the Senior Risk Officer of Wells Fargo Rail. The AC2 will be active in several key aspects of the business and functions will include spreading financial statements, preparation of exposure determinations, BQR assignments, Annual Reviews and other customer credit analysis, as well as portfolio monitoring and report preparation (asset and customer), industry research, and compliance-related activities.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Participating in and providing support for projects and initiatives for the portfolio to identify and mitigate credit and other risks in the business;
- Spreading Financial Statements; planning and performing technical credit and risk analyses, researching entity and industry background, composing multi-page written reviews of the financial transaction, background and analytical work supporting recommendations/conclusions; completing projects to address a variety of business issues;
- Performing analysis of findings and trends using statistical and/or financial analysis in BQR Assignments and Annual Reviews;
- Producing regular assigned reports and tracking activities, as well as developing and producing specific, customized reports, and presentations, for senior management;
- Ensuring adherence to compliance and all relevant policies and procedures.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 4+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both; or a BS/BA degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 2+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Fianncial analysis experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, applied math, or statistics
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.