At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
This Credit Bureau Technology Manager (Tech Mgr 5) position carries responsibility for delivering technology solutions to multiple lines of business across the enterprise. Among the systems supported, the following applications are highly critical to efficient operations and risk management at Wells Fargo: Credit Bureau Reporting, Credit Disputes Management, and Early Warning System. The position is responsible for the daily operations and long-term strategy and stability of solutions required by the Fair Credit Act (FCA).
Business partnerships serviced from within this team include all major Lines of Business and multiple Technology teams. The team has responsibility for Business Analysis, Design, Development, and production support/maintenance across these areas. The Credit Bureau Technology Manager (Tech Mgr 5) position is responsible for guiding and actively leading this team while maintaining close relationships with business partners.
- Provides management and guidance for technology leads and works directly with lines of business for budgeting, prioritization, and implementation of solutions.
- Takes ownership of all tasks and determines what is necessary to complete the development full-cycle, including: design, development, and implementation.
- Responsible for relationship management with vendors, technology partners, and business partners.
- Interaction with senior management and executives for multiple areas within the organization in this role.
- Responsible for resource planning, management, and personnel development. Performance reviews, individual development plans, and one-on-one meetings with the team members are conducted for improving employee engagement and development.
- This role will manage a total of 20+ resources, including 10 team members onshore, 10 team members offshore, and a variable number of contractors/consultants (both on and offshore).
- Manages a total budget of over $6.0 MM annually
- Enforcement of all change management and security best practices for development.
- Ensures team is address all Safety and Soundness practices related to the application portfolio.
- Ensuring a solid Disaster Recovery and incident management process is maintained and communicated for each application in a consistent fashion.
- Responsible for working with audit departments to ensure sound adherence to all recommendations and practices to reduce over-all risk and proof of controls.
- Manage Offshore Development, to distribute work activities and ensure timeliness and quality of deliverables.
- Work with technology architecture and data architecture to build appropriate roadmaps for system convergence and aggregate data reporting.
- Develop team structure and staffing plan to accommodate ‘business as usual’ after major program activities subside.
- Handle responsibility for more tools and staff as misplaced tools throughout the enterprise are realigned to the team.
- Establish aggregate operational reporting across the tool suite.
- Ensure suite of tools can scale to handle future state enterprise volumes.
- Mature technical operations team to proactively, effectively and repeatedly manage system activities.
The preferred work location is Charlotte-NC. The other locations that would be considered are Chandler-AZ, Des Moines-IA, Minneapolis-MN and St Louis-MO. Preference will be given to those candidates that either currently live in or are willing to relocate these locations with limited to no relocation assistance.Required Qualifications
- 10+ years of technology experience
- 5+ years of management experience in an IT environment
- 5+ years of application development experience
- 2+ years of database design
- 2+ years of performance tuning experience
- 1+ year of 3rd party vendor application production support experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- 3+ years of Configuration Management Tools experience
- SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) experience
- Agile experience
- Ability to manage full life cycle projects that vary in scope and complexity
- A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
- 7+ years of experience delivering and supporting large, highly available enterprise-level applications.
- 4+ years of experience managing geographically diverse teams, including both multiple domestic and off-shore locations.
- 4+ years of experience of planning, budgeting, implementing, and maintaining costs, methods and employees.
- 4+ years of experience working with and managing technology vendors, for hardware, software and professional services.
- 3+ years of Credit Bureau reporting and credit dispute experience and familiarity with Fair Credit Act
- 1+ year of experience implementing 3rd party vendor solutions
- MicroSoft Development experience using .NET Technologies and SQL Server
- Experience establishing operational objectives and assignments and delegating assignments to direct report managers.
- Ability to understand users' needs from their point of view
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with a variety of contacts, primarily senior management.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.