At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Well Fargo Auto Credit Risk Management group provides independent risk management to the business through its empirically developed risk appetite, credit policy, automation rules, underwriting threshold and guidance, portfolio management and loss forecasting.
Wells Fargo Auto Credit Risk is instrumental in driving business transformation from a judgmental lending to structured lending model. To support this transformation, we have built a new team focusing on automation strategy optimization that is supported by advanced data, analytics and technology. We are seeking a Credit Portfolio Consultant 2 to join the Credit Risk Origination Automation team. The individual will partner closely with the Auto business and credit risk leaders, as well as stakeholders within Consumer Lending and Corporate Credit to design and execute on a credit risk automation framework, help in monitoring of existing rules, identifying opportunities to enhance, redeveloping the next generation Credit Risk automation strategy/rules.
Key duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Applies subject matter knowledge to serve as a consultant and resource to corporate and/or LOB management regarding credit performance, potential or emerging risks, and business conformity with risk appetite, credit culture, and policies
- Creates and analyzes routine or complex auto decision reports to assess and predict risk and monitor performance. Presents findings to management and provides input into decision making
- Conducts post-implementation validation
- Helps identify, analyze, recommend, and execute opportunities to optimize automation strategy leveraging data, analytical & statistical methods
- Demonstrates a team approach in achieving results that meet business needs and regulatory requirements
Critical success factors will include strong technical and analytical skills, strong intellectual curiosity and drive for high quality results, the ability to manage effectively in a matrixed organization, develop partnerships with business and functional areas, and communicate effectively.
- 4+ years of risk experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- 1+ year of SQL or SAS experience
- A Master's degree or higher in a quantitative discipline
- 3+ years’ prior credit risk or analytics experience in a financial service company
- Previous experience in monitoring strategy performance, enhancing existing or developing new credit decisioning strategies utilizing advanced analytics
- Experience in building partnerships, collaborating with and influencing colleagues and partners at or across lines of business
- Strong SAS and SQL experience
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong MS Office Suite proficiency
- Experience working with large datasets across multiple data sources
- Clear verbal and written communication
- Ability to effectively manage and deliver high quality results against multiple priorities and tight timelines
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.