At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
EFS is seeking a highly motivated professional with experience in data analysis and reporting to join their Originations Risk Management team as a Credit Portfolio Consultant 2. This role will support new product and strategy changes in EFS. The role will be highly dynamic, requiring critical thinking and problem solving skills.
Responsibilities of this role will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Studying and recommending appropriate strategies that ensure risk is within risk appetite
- Monitoring programs and policies with a direct and significant impact on credit risk appetite and culture
- Translate complex data from multiple sources, formats, data structure into actionable and tangible strategies
- Establish and review appropriate MIS reports to assist in monitoring new originations
- Develop analytical tools for evaluating strategy effectiveness and business impact
- Partnering with Marketing and Finance teams to drive improvements in targeting and profitability
- Partnering with Corporate Credit to better integrate data-driven strategies with policy requirements
- Partnering with various credit, and product groups to develop effective ways to manage new account decisions, leveraging best practices and new data
- Maintaining timelines and provide business case development and approval
- Monitoring new originations and develop benchmarks regarding growth, mix, delinquency, losses and overall profitability and performance;
This individual will also be responsible for actively managing risk while leading and implementing ideas in a cross-functional team environment.
- 4+ years of risk experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Hands on experience with complex data and large data sets
- Intermediate SAS/SQL programming skills
- Ideally 4+ years of experience in an analytical position, with experience in consumer credit risk management space
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to thoroughly research and analyze options and impacts of solutions
- Experience understanding production systems/applications to ensure initiatives are implemented as expected
- Consumer lending or underwriting background
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.