At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Consumer Credit Solutions Portfolio Risk Management is looking for a talented and seasoned individual to be part of the Portfolio Analytics team responsible for competitive analysis, recession planning, and identifying new data to support account management programs for the consumer credit card and personal line of credit portfolios. This person must have a solid understanding of consumer lending businesses as well as strong knowledge of effective risk management practices, analytical methodologies and business strategy.
The qualified candidate will be part of a highly skilled and motivated team working to achieve the following objectives:
- Enhance the group’s ability to understand industry best practices through competitive analyses and inform strategies.
- Understand the implications of all our actions (line increases, line decreases, upgrades, BT, etc.) on portfolio performance
- Comprehensive recession planning
- Innovate next generation data sources to improve account management strategies & programs
- Ensure model governance requirements are met, track performance for vulnerable segments, and identify opportunities to enhance model discrimination.
It starts with you:
We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
To thrive in this collegial environment, candidate must have demonstrated ability to learn rapidly and solve problems dynamically, excellent communication skills, a high degree of initiative, and strong interpersonal skills to build relationships with partners in Product, Marketing, Finance, and Governance.
Responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Providing analytical support for strategic initiatives w.r.t. competitive analysis and recession planning for Credit Card, Personal Line of Credit, Dillard’s and Retail Services products
- New Data Sources – identify and analyze potential new data sources for use in account management risk strategies
- Ownership of account management models – develop and maintain documentation to meet governance requirements
- Support Audit, Exam, SHRP, Operations, Executive Office and customer inquiries
- 4+ years of risk experience
- 2+ years of credit risk experience
- 2+ years of SAS programming experience
- 1+ year of statistical modeling experience
- Analytical expertise in using decision science and statistical analysis methodologies to combine and analyze data from numerous complex upstream and downstream data systems
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategic solutions that meet business constraints
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to flourish in a collaborative working environment
- Strong organizational skills, prioritization ability and an ability to learn / apply new skills quickly
- Ability to effectively communicate performance results, performance updates and key initiatives (both written and orally) to management
- Effective in creating insightful executive presentations
- Advanced degree in computer science, operations research, MIS, statistics, finance, economics, engineering or similar quantitative disciplines
- Portfolio risk management experience in the financial services sector
- Previous experience with unsecured lending with a focus on credit cards
- Beyond experience, the right personal style and attitude are critical to success in this role.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.