At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wells Fargo's Credit Risk for Cards and Retail Services is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. We put customers at the center of all that we do. We make every decision - and design every product and service - with our customers in mind.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
Wells Fargo Credit Risk for Cards and Retail Services is seeking a senior Credit Portfolio Consultant to help implement strategy production for multiple credit card products and strategies including Credit line increase, upgrades, credit controls and balance transfers.
Duties may include (but not limited to):
- Perform analysis to develop strategies that maximize profits and/or asset growth and minimize credit and/or operating losses and other risk exposures
- Responsible for development of credit risk strategies, that could include data knowledge, extraction, manipulation, reporting, segmentation, decision tree analysis, validation and execution
- Manage existing strategies, making sure they are achieving expected results.
- Evaluate and recommend changes to risk strategies, policies and processes where appropriate
- Create and present strategy decks to a wide audience including senior management.
- Continuously exploring new data sources for strategy development.
- Review and analyze trends in outstanding loan portfolio and servicing to identify high risk areas.
- Collaborates with internal business partners to formulate action plans to address those risks
- Review and analyze current credit policies and recommend modifications for improvement
- Detect trends based on channel, product, vintages, risk score bands, etc. and make recommendations to management based on those trends
- Produce risk performance MIS monitoring and benchmarks reports that evaluate the critical impact of strategy
Location preferences are Wilmington, DE; Charlotte, NC; Des Moines, IA; Concord, CA; and San Francisco, CA.Required Qualifications
- 4+ years of risk experience
- 2+ years of analytics experience
- 2+ years of financial industry experience
- 2+ years of SQL or SAS experience
- 1+ year of full-cycle credit experience including testing and control.
- A BS/BA degree or higher in a quantitative discipline
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Previous credit card experience in a risk management related role
- Strong data management skills.
- Experience designing and delivering new products and portfolio management strategies including: conducting competitive analyses, financial analyses and building justification to support business recommendations
- Knowledge and understanding of competitive environment and regulatory issues, familiarity with credit card industry is a plus
- Strong programming experience in a SAS
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and to innovate.
- Must be comfortable with complex database environments.
- Strong PC software applications proficiency, including MS Office Suite.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with partners to accomplish business goals.
- Strong analytical capabilities to diagnose problems and good conceptual and quantitative problem solving skills.
- 2+ years of credit risk strategy development experience
- Demonstrated effective time management skills, with the ability to work independently on multiple tasks and/or projects
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.