At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wells Fargo’s Consumer Lending Group (CLG) is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. We put customers at the center of all that we do. We make every decision –and design every product and service – with our customers in mind.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people – those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
Our Consumer Credit Unsecured Credit Risk team manages the credit quality of the unsecured Consumer Credit portfolios, partnering with Consumer Financial Services, Education Financial Services and Retail Services from origination through account management and authorizations to collections.
Consumer Credit Solutions portfolio and Collection risk management team is seeking a talented and seasoned individual with strong strategy development experience, SAS/SQL background, and extensive experience in combining/analyzing data from multiple large data sources to develop and implement account management strategies. Proficiency in SAS and Excel are critical and familiarity with credit card industry is a plus.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Support Consumer Credit Solutions Portfolio Risk Management account management program initiatives (ex. line increase and inactive closure strategies) to assess underlying risk dynamics, trends and opportunities
- Quantitative analytics using SQL/SAS to analyze data from a variety of sources to develop, recommend and implement account management strategies
- Provide insights to senior leadership regarding ongoing program performance
- Partner with cross functional teams and internal stakeholders, including Product, Marketing, Finance, Operations, and Execution/Implementation
- Maintain on-going processes and data updates to ensure data integrity, accuracy and timeliness
- Lead/support ad-hoc business analytics as needed
- Support audit and customer-escalation related inquiries
- 4+ years of risk experience
- 3+ years of SAS programming experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- 1+ year of full-cycle credit experience including testing and control.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A Master's degree or higher in a quantitative discipline
- Experience in complex analytics and strategy development
- Proficient with Advanced level SAS, SQL, MS Office applications
- Strong analytical and reporting skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient with data extraction/mining tools, large data set management, data stratification and statistical analysis
- Excellent business sense beyond just understanding data
- Strong problem solving skills and proven track record of performing complex business/risk analysis
- Self-starter - ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, and achieve success
- Outstanding communication and project management skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other team members to accomplish business goals
- Experience supporting analytics in large financial institutions
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Knowledge and understanding of databases and data mining techniques
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.