At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Cards and Retail Services, Deposit Products Group, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Payment Solutions, and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
The Wells Fargo Deposit Products Group (DPG) within PVSI offers innovative checking, savings and payment solutions that form the core of our customers' relationship with Wells Fargo and fulfill a broad array of their financial needs. We make our products and services intuitive so they are simple to use and fully integrated to deliver a superior customer experience through all of our channels. Wells Fargo is #1 in debit card transactions serving millions of customers and processing over 8 billion purchase transactions each year. Wells Fargo is also the 3rd largest financial institution in the country with over $1.1 trillion in deposits and over 6,000 branches in more states than any other bank.
DPG Risk is seeking a highly motivated professional with experience in predictive modeling and data analysis to join the DPG Risk Management team as Credit Portfolio Consultant 3. This role is highly dynamic and will require critical thinking and a tactical approach to problem solving.
- Utilize advanced analytic capabilities and SAS & SQL skills to support the development and evaluation of Pay Return strategies, which set the daily Overdraft Tolerance Limit for the DDA checking account portfolio
- Ability to organize and independently manage business initiatives end-to-end from business case building, writing business requirements (PDD/BRD), reviewing FSDs, identifying system/process gaps, to pre- and post- implementation testing
- Develop and evaluate challenger strategies to manage the debit card POS and ATM Daily Dollar Limits (DDL), which control the total amount of debit card POS purchases / ATM withdrawals that can be made in a 24 hour period
- Work with Model Governance, Compliance, Legal, Corporate Risk, CFMO, and CMoR to manage and develop models that comply with corporate model risk policies and compliance policies.
- Translate complex data from multiple sources, formats, data structure into actionable and tangible strategies
- Drive new and improved monitoring capabilities including creating insightful dashboards / data visualization to track and monitor key business metrics
- Partner with DPG Product, Operations, and the various implementation teams to ensure flawless execution of proposed strategies.
- Design and review appropriate MIS reports to detect the latest credit loss trends and translate into actionable recommendations
- Stay current with new and developing payment methods and proactively identify the risk that each method may create
- Query large data sources to support data driven risk detection / mitigation strategies without compromising customer experience
- 6+ years of risk experience
- 4+ years of SAS experience
- 5+ years of experience with analytical methods used in statistical analysis, modeling, and reporting
- Ability to present to multiple levels of management
- Ability to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of fraud risk and mitigation: strategies to reduce or mitigate loss and fraud exposures
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Experience with predictive analysis software or applications such as Knowledge Studio or Knowledge Seeker
- Predictive modeling experience (including logistic regression)
- Experience designing and optimizing complex SQL queries involving table joins and correlated sub-queries on large scale data tables
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas
- Expert level knowledge of SAS, and ability to analyze metrics and articulate data trends both visually and verbally
- SAS experience should include Base SAS, SAS Macros, SAS / STAT, and PROC SQL in a UNIX or mainframe environment
- Experience with credit score modeling and credit score development software such as Xeno
- A Master's degree or higher in a quantitative discipline is desired
- Experience analyzing large data sets, identifying trends, with the ability to articulate findings when presenting to key business stakeholders
- Consumer credit industry experience, and solid financial service industry business knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize effectively and learn quickly in a rapidly changing environment and function efficiently under short deadlines
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.