At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
At Wells Fargo, our vision is to satisfy all our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. In this role, you will help us deliver on our vision and build lifelong relationships with our customers. You also will demonstrate leadership through contributing to a company culture that supports customers in achieving their financial goals, team members in developing their careers, and communities in continuing to thrive. As part of a team that serves one in three American households, you will play a vital role in living our commitment to the highest ethical standards and maintaining the valued trust of our customers and communities.
Wells Fargo Small Business Lending (SBL) is the country’s leading small business lender with a full product suite to serve credit needs of small business owners. These products include line of credit, business cards, term loans, commercial real estate products. The business operates with an entrepreneurial spirit and is dedicated to operational excellence, team member development and redefining possibilities. SBL is a technically sophisticated, entrepreneurial organization committed to applying the most advanced mathematical and data-driven technologies, in conjunction with strong judgmental underwriting discipline and expertise to small business lending.
The SBL Credit Risk Management Team is seeking a highly motivated and experienced risk professional who loves to solve business questions; impact the bottom line of business by hands-on driven actions through systematic database solutions. An individual who is results driven, goal oriented and interested in making a significant impact will find this opportunity both exciting and challenging.
The Credit Portfolio Consultant will participate in strategic portfolio risk initiatives for the commercial real estate and asset secured lending products. More specifically, you will be evaluating and sizing risk and opportunities, developing credit underwriting and risk management strategies by balancing data-driven analytics and sound credit risk judgment, and managing credit exposure risk at the product and customer level. You will work closely with partners within Risk, Product, Operations, Technology and Data Solution groups to implement new enhancements and continuously optimize portfolio risk strategies. To be effective in this position, you will need to have a good understanding of credit from a full lifecycle perspective, a broad and strategic perspective on risk management, a proven track record of using the results of your analysis to drive business decisions, and be fluent in both the key technical tools of credit risk decisioning and sound credit judgment.
The main responsibilities include:
- Identify and implement account treatments that mitigate credit risk exposures
- Monitor/report various credit, vintage, product, offer, channel, mix, delinquency, loss rate and performance information informing Account Management strategy decisions
- Strategize approach for existing relationships through the complete credit life cycle spectrum
- Perform complex analysis to assure profitable growth while minimizing credit/operating losses and other risk exposures
- Effective communication with business partners and management to gain consensus on proposed credit risk strategy changes
- Close partnership with Technology and Operations (underwriting & workout) teams to ensure flawless implementation of strategy changes
**Charlotte and Phoenix will be the only locations considered.Required Qualifications
- 6+ years of risk experience
- 2+ years of SQL or SAS experience
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Knowledge and understanding of consumer and small business loan practices, policies, and procedures
- 2+ years of experience with SAS or SQL, or other data management, reporting and query tools
- Good analytical skills including analyzing complex data
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to identify and evaluate trends, isolate root cause, and provide swift/thorough resolution
- Knowledge and understanding of all phases of project development and testing lifecycle
- Experience developing partnerships and collaborating with other business and functional areas
- Knowledge and understanding of the key factors impacting credit offerings, including credit risks and regulatory requirements
- Ability to coordinate completion of multiple tasks and meet aggressive time frames
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
AZ-PHX-Central Phoenix: 100 W Washington St - Phoenix, AZ
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.