At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Home Lending Credit Risk Loss Forecasting Production team is seeking an innovative and dynamic professional to work within the loss forecasting team. The suitable candidate will be someone with demonstrated achievement in analyzing credit trends, using modeled results and analytical tools to predict expectations for life of loan credit loss. Responsible for completing loss forecasts, monitoring and ad-hoc analysis for FAS114 Troubled Debt Restructure (TDR) real estate portfolio.
This position will be responsible for:
- Produce quarterly FAS114 TDR reserve forecast
- Produce FAS114 TDR Stress Test reserve forecast
- Perform control checks to ensure forecasts/analyses are appropriately performed
- Contribute on reporting and requests for audits and exams
- Increase automation of existing processes where possible
- Enhance production process documentation to ensure consistent execution, avoid errors and provide for cross training of new team members
- Assist in the adherence to Model Risk Management, COSO and EUCT policies.
***Preferred locations are Des Moines, IA and Charlotte, NC; however, other Wells Fargo locations may be considered***Required Qualifications
- 6+ years of risk experience
- 3+ years of SQL or SAS experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher in a quantitative discipline
- Real estate lending experience
- 4+ years of mortgage risk experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Strong independent thinking skills
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- Ability to work effectively in virtual environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations
- Ability to determine and report priorities/metrics to senior management
- Ability to analyze quantitative or qualitative data
- Ability to present to multiple levels of management
This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.Disclaimer
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.