At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Consumer Credit Solutions Portfolio Risk Management is seeking a talented and seasoned individual with strong decision science / strategy development background and extensive experience in combining and analyzing data from multiple large data sources to develop payment risk strategies and digital wallet provisioning rules and maintain customer ability to pay criteria. Proficiency in SAS and Excel are critical and familiarity with credit card industry is a plus.
The qualified candidate will be part of a highly skilled and motivated team working to achieve the following objectives:
- Mitigate potential losses from risky payments
- Innovate next generation strategies to improve payment risk and digital wallet provisioning decisions
- Ensure ability to pay requirements are met through performance tracking and validation analytics
It starts with you:
We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Proactively identifying loss mitigation opportunities from customers trying to pass bad payments and developing/implementing strategies to protect the bank
- Provide risk mitigation analytical support to control digital wallet provisioning risk
- Perform root-cause analysis and partner with internal stakeholders (Product, Marketing, Finance, Operations, Execution teams) to determine opportunities for strategy enhancement(s)
- Analyze and recommend changes to customer ability to pay criteria
- Maintain on-going processes and procedures to ensure data integrity and accuracy
- Provide insights to senior leadership regarding ongoing program performance
- Support Audit/Exam related inquiries
- 6+ years of risk experience
- 3+ years of credit risk experience
- 4+ years of SAS programming experience
- Analytical expertise in using decision science and statistical analysis methodologies to combine and analyze data from numerous complex upstream and downstream data systems
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategic solutions that meet business constraints
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to flourish in a collaborative working environment
- Strong organizational skills, prioritization ability and an ability to learn / apply new skills quickly
- Ability to effectively communicate performance results, performance updates and key initiatives (both written and orally) to management
- Effective in creating insightful presentations
- Advanced degree in computer science, operations research, MIS, statistics, finance, economics, engineering or similar quantitative disciplines
- Portfolio risk management experience in the financial services sector
- Previous experience in unsecured lending with a focus on credit cards
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.