At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Home Lending Basel Model Implementation team is part of the Corp. Credit and Market Risk organization. This group is looking for a strong Credit Portfolio Consultant for Credit Risk model implementation and Basel quarterly submission data support. The individual will be responsible for implementing BASEL credit risk models for both Home Mortgage and Home Equity portfolios; creating monthly model production data to support Basel submission and semi-annual stress test; providing support for both internal and external auditing; and creating timely data analysis reports to ensure data quality.
This position will require interaction and partnership with various groups/individuals. The ability to create strategic partnerships and communicate effectively will be important.
Additional responsibilities may include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Implement Home Lending LOB Basel credit risk models including PD /LGD /EAD models.
- Maintain and improve current production codes to ensure data quality and process executions efficiently
- Conduct ad-hoc data analysis per business partner Service Requests (SR) or internal needs.
- Research, design and test codes to comply with code Change Request (CR) specifications.
- Perform system test for production code changes to ensure model scoring process and results comply with G&O requirements and Basel regulations.
- Support external and internal audit for Basel risk model implementation.
This is a fast paced environment which requires an individual to adapt quickly and be flexible with change.Required Qualifications
- 6+ years of risk experience
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Experience in Home Lending Basel submission processes and data quality control.
- Strong SAS and/or SQL programming experience.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks with challenging deadlines and priorities.
- 5+ years SAS programming experiences including SAS macros experiences as well as SAS Certified Base/Advanced Programmer certification is preferred.
- Previous experience with risk model development and/or model implementation.
- Knowledge of both Mortgage and Home Equity data
- Proven experience in building partnerships, collaborating and influencing at senior levels and across lines of business and with Corporate Credit partners.
- Bachelor's degree, or higher, in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Statistics, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Computer Science / Engineering or related field).
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.