At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wells Fargo's Credit Risk for Cards and Retail Services is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. We put customers at the center of all that we do. We make every decision - and design every product and service - with our customers in mind.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
Wells Fargo Credit Risk for Cards and Retail Services is seeking a senior Credit Portfolio Consultant to help implement strategy production for multiple credit card products and strategies including Credit line increase, upgrades, credit controls and balance transfers.
Duties may include:
- Develop, test, implement and audit new strategy code and processes
- Modify, audit and maintain production strategy code when changes occur
- Develop strong partnerships with strategy development, product, marketing, finance and other production partners
- Produce and review monthly, quarterly and annual strategy performance reports for senior management
- Review and analyze trends in current customer population and recommend strategies
- Create documentation for test setup, audits and processes
- Determine impact of strategies including development of loss forecasts
- Perform analysis to develop Credit Card strategies that maximize profits and/or asset growth and minimize credit and/or operating losses and other risk exposures
- Develop portfolio strategies that could include complex data knowledge, extraction, manipulation, reporting, segmentation, decision tree analysis, strategy analysis and validation
- Create and present strategy decks to a wide audience including senior management
- Represent risk team independently at strategy meetings and lead strategy discussions
Qualified candidates will have outstanding analytical skills, excellent communication skills, high degree of initiative, strong partnering and interpersonal skills, solid project/process management skills, and experienced SAS coding skills. Must possess a results driven attitude committed to quality work.
Location preferences are Wilmington, DE; Charlotte, NC; Des Moines, IA; Concord, CA and San Francisco, CA.Required Qualifications
- 6+ years of risk experience
- 3+ years of SAS programming experience
- 3+ years of analytical experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 6+ years credit underwriting, risk analysis, or comparable analytical position; or 4+ years with a Ph.D. degree
- Excellent presentation skills with all levels of audience
- Very proficient in Excel and Power Point
- Proactive with results driven attitude, and strong problem solving skills
- Well organized with attention to detail
- Works effectively through change and able to multitask
- Solid collaboration and leadership skills to work within the risk department and with other partners, such as finance, marketing, and execution
- Experience in both credit card and personal loan risk management role
- Proven track record with hands on experience in business analytics and strategy recommendations
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.