At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
At Wells Fargo, our vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. In this role, you will help us deliver on our vision and build lifelong relationships with our customers. You also will demonstrate leadership through contributing to a company culture that supports customers in achieving their financial goals, team members in developing their careers, and communities in continuing to thrive. As part of a team that serves one in three American households, you will play a vital role in living our commitment to the highest ethical standards and maintaining the valued trust of our customers and communities.
Wells Fargo Small Business Lending is the country’s leading small business lender with a full product suite, which include lines of credit, business cards, term loans and commercial real estate products. The business operates with an entrepreneurial spirit and is dedicated to operational excellence, team member development and redefining possibilities. The Small Business Lending Risk Management team is seeking a highly motivated and talented risk professional to be part of our loss forecasting team as a credit portfolio consultant 3. This is a critical position for Business Direct and will have a direct impact in our future success, with the opportunity to play an active role in producing and communicating the results of business loss forecasts, credit loss allowance and stress tests.
The loss forecast analyst will be responsible for producing Small Business Lending’s loss forecast as well as important ad hoc decision support analysis. The analyst must have an excellent understanding of statistical models, methodology used in the loss forecasting and superb SAS skills. Additionally, the analyst will also need to have strong ability to interpret complex data to form convincing business narratives for his/her analytical results. He/she will need to collaborate internally and externally to maximize the accuracy of our forecast and support external audits.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Managing complex data to implement and maintain loss forecasting models using SAS.
- Analyzing portfolio trends and external factors to provide basis for management adjustment.
- Partnering with other functional areas such as Collections Operation and Finance.
- Key contributor in our business loss forecasting process and Stress Tests.
- Actively obtain feedback from multiple functional areas including acquisitions, account management and collections to understand how these groups can impact our future losses.
- Periodically review the impact of changing macroeconomic conditions and their impact on Small Business Lending losses.
- Communicating effectively to senior management as well as auditors and examiners
**The preferred location is San Fransisco, but Concord and and Charlotte may be an option.
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. If you are a Wells Fargo Team Member, in your Jobs Profile ensure that your email address is valid and updated to an address that can receive external emails outside of the banking network. Initial contact with you will be made via e-mail. Please check your e-mail regularly for updates.Required Qualifications
- 6+ years of risk experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- 5+ years of SAS programming experience
- A Master's degree or higher in a quantitative discipline
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Solid problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas
- Knowledge and understanding of issues or change management processes
- Ability to research and reconcile general ledger accounts
- Ability to research, trend, and analyze data
- Knowledge of loss forecasting techniques
- Knowledge of modeling and exploratory analytical techniques.
- 5+ Years prior experience in consumer or small business lending in an analytically-driven role.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.