At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Customer Information and Risk Management (CIRM) provides critical analytical supports including underwriting and portfolio analysis, modeling, Basel, and loss forecasting / stress testing to Wholesale Regional Banking, SBA (Small Business Administration) and Wells Fargo Practice Finance. CIRM currently has an exciting opening for a Credit Portfolio Consultant 3 to fulfill a key role in the BASEL team. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with excellent communication, collaboration, He/she will be an analytical, creative, and strategic thinker who has a desire to thrive, learn, and grow in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
Description of Job / Primary Responsibilities:
- Create, interpret and present analytical insights to LOB, corporate and other stakeholders.
- Perform periodic BASEL submission and model implementation while continuously enhancing data quality and compliance.
- Improve process efficiency and reliability.
- Conduct periodic model monitoring to ensure models perform as expected and comply with governing policies and guidelines.
- Facilitate regulatory exams and internal audits.
- 6+ years of risk experience
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services credit risk management
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong research and documentation skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Knowledge and understanding of UNIX
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Exposure to Wells Fargo AFS (Automated Financial Systems)
- Commercial lending experience
- Advanced SAS and SQL skills with expertise in working with large and complex datasets
- Experience with Basel framework, Basel modeling and implementation processes.
- Experience in handling analytic or data research projects from end to end
- Degree in Statistics, Software Engineering, Mathematics, Econometrics, Operations Research, or similar quantitative subjects.
CA-Concord: 1655 Grant Street - Concord, CA
CA-SF-Financial District: 525 Market St - San Francisco, CA
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.