At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wells Fargo's Credit Risk for Cards and Retail Services is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. We put customers at the center of all that we do. We make every decision - and design every product and service - with our customers in mind.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
Wells Fargo Credit Risk for Cards and Retail Services is seeking a senior Credit Portfolio Consultant to help implement strategy production for multiple credit card products and strategies including Credit line increase, upgrades, credit controls and balance transfers.
Duties may include:
- Perform analysis to develop strategies that maximize profits and/or asset growth and minimize credit and/or operating losses and other risk exposures
- Responsible for development of credit risk strategies, that could include data knowledge, extraction, manipulation, reporting, segmentation, decision tree analysis, validation and execution
- Manage existing strategies, making sure they are achieving expected results.
- Evaluate and recommend changes to risk strategies, policies and processes where appropriate
- Create and present strategy decks to a wide audience including senior management.
- Continuously exploring new data sources for strategy development.
- Review and analyze trends in outstanding loan portfolio and servicing to identify high risk areas.
- Collaborates with internal business partners to formulate action plans to address those risks
- Review and analyze current credit policies and recommend modifications for improvement
- Detect trends based on channel, product, vintages, risk score bands, etc. and make recommendations to management based on those trends
- Produce risk performance MIS monitoring and benchmarks reports that evaluate the critical impact of strategy
Qualified candidates will have outstanding analytical skills, excellent communication skills, high degree of initiative, strong partnering and interpersonal skills, solid project/process management skills, and experienced SAS coding skills. Must possess a results driven attitude committed to quality work.
Location preferences are Wilmington, DE, Charlotte, NC, Des Moines, Iowa. Concord and San Francisco, CA.Required Qualifications
- 6+ years of risk experience
- 3+ years of SQL or SAS experience
- 2+ years of financial industry experience
- 2+ years of full-cycle credit experience including testing and control.
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- 6+ years prior credit underwriting, risk analysis, or comparable analytical position (or 4+ years with a Ph.D. degree)
- Strong SAS and SQL data processing and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills with all levels of audience
- Very proficient in Excel and Power Point
- Proactive with results driven attitude, and strong problem solving skills
- Well organized, attention to detail
- Works effectively through change, and able to multitask
- Solid collaboration and leadership skill to work within risk department and with other partners, such finances, marketing, and execution
- Prior experience in both credit card and personal loan risk management role
- Proven track record with hands on experience in business analytics and strategy recommendations
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.