At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Well Fargo Auto Credit Risk Management group provides independent risk management to the business through its empirically developed risk appetite, credit policy, automation rules, underwriting threshold and guidance, portfolio management and loss forecasting.
Wells Fargo Auto Credit Risk is instrumental in driving business transformation from a judgmental lending to structured lending model. To support this transformation, we have built a new team focusing on automation strategy optimization that is supported by advanced data, analytics and technology. We are seeking a Credit Portfolio Consultant 4 to join the Credit Risk Origination Automation team. The individual will partner closely with the Auto business and credit risk leaders, as well as stakeholders within Consumer Lending and Corporate Credit to design and execute on a credit risk automation framework, help identifying opportunities to enhance and optimizing the next generation Credit Risk automation strategy/rules.
Key duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Directing and coordinating the various activities related to assessing and predicting risk and performance through business analysis and/or modeling;
- Determining appropriate strategies that ensure risk is within risk appetite; analyzing and approving products, programs, policies, and large complex credits;
- Acting as a technical expert for senior management on highly complex issues.
- Leads the execution of programs and policies with a measureable impact on the level of risk taken in credit activities
- Identify, analyze, recommend, and execute opportunities to optimize automation strategy leveraging data, analytical & statistical methods
- Demonstrates a team approach in achieving results that meet business needs and regulatory requirements
Critical success factors will include strong technical and analytical skills, ability to connect the dots, strong intellectual curiosity and drive for high quality results, the ability to manage effectively in a matrixed organization, develop partnerships with business and functional areas, and communicate effectively.Required Qualifications
- 8+ years of risk experience
- A Master's degree or higher in a quantitative discipline
- 4+ years of SQL or SAS experience
- 5+ years credit risk or analytics experience in a financial service company
- Experience developing new credit decisioning strategies utilizing advanced analytics
- Experience building partnerships, collaborating with and influencing colleagues and partners at or across lines of business
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong MS Office Suite proficiency
- Experience working with large datasets across multiple data sources
- Clear verbal and written communication
- Ability to effectively manage and deliver high quality results against multiple priorities and tight timelines
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.