At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer Lending is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. Our group includes Home Lending, Personal Lending, and Wells Fargo Auto, and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. Our foundation for success can be summarized in three beliefs: Our product is service. Our value added is financial advice and guidance. Our competitive advantage is our people. We’ve built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.
Consumer Credit Solutions Portfolio Risk Management is looking for a Credit Portfolio Manager to lead the High-Risk Strategy Team in support of consumer credit cards (general purpose and private label) and personal lines of credit. This leader is expected to have a deep understanding of consumer lending businesses as well as extensive knowledge of effective risk management practices, analytical methodologies and business strategy.
The qualified candidate will lead a highly skilled and motivated team to achieve the following objectives:
- Innovate and develop next generation credit control programs to mitigate portfolio credit risk
- Enhance the group’s ability to manage credit risk through identifying, developing and maintaining critical MIS and analyses
- Drive and execute customer-facing programs with a disciplined credit risk culture, transparent rationale and work collaboratively with key functional areas to achieve operational excellence.
Responsibilities may include:
Manage a team of 3-5 risk consultants who are:
- Developing innovative/strategic credit control programs (line decrease / account closures)
- Reviewing and analyzing trends in current customer population distributions to recommend strategy enhancements
- Producing strategy performance reports and insights for senior management
- Creating and maintaining documentation for test/control design and results, strategy criteria, analytical methodology, and loss forecasting
- Constructing/presenting strategy decks to a wide audience including senior management
- Exploring and identifying critical data elements and their applications to enable improvements in differentiating risk in our credit control strategies
- Fulfill rapidly evolving regulatory requirements
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 5+ years of SAS programming experience
- 7+ years of credit risk experience
- 7+ years of risk experience
- 2+ years of management experience
Beyond experience, the right personal style and attitude are critical to success in this role.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategic solutions that meet business constraints
- Analytical expertise in using decision science and statistical analysis methodologies to combine and analyze data from numerous complex upstream and downstream data systems
- Outstanding in creating insightful executive presentations
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to flourish in a collaborative working environment
- Strong organizational skills, prioritization ability and an ability to learn / apply new skills quickly
- Ability to effectively communicate performance results, performance updates and key initiatives (both written and orally) to senior risk management personnel
- Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships with partners in Product, Marketing, Finance, and Operational Risk.
- Advanced degree in computer science, MIS, statistics, finance, economics, engineering or similar quantitative disciplines
- Portfolio risk management experience in the financial services sector
- Previous experience with unsecured lending with a focus on credit cards
- Ability to learn rapidly and solve problems dynamically, excellent communication skills to unite diverse opinions, high degree of initiative with a strong drive for results
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.