At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wells Fargo's Consumer Lending Group (CLG) is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. We put customers at the center of all that we do. We make every decision - and design every product and service - with our customers in mind. If it's not good for our customers, then it's not good for Wells Fargo.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We believe everyone on our team is important and deserves respect for who they are and how they contribute to our success.
The Decision Support Center of Excellence team is looking for a Credit Risk Analytic Consultant 3. You will be an essential part of the team that builds and maintains acquisition risk models for various lines of business. You will be collaborating with other modelers and with business partners in providing the analysis and insight needed to build world class models.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ideation, design, development, and implementation of best in class credit scoring models
- Lead the investigation and validation of data sources
- Design and evaluate the execution of complex data preparation programs
- Understand and extensively audit model input and performance variables
- Thoroughly document and present analyses
- Work with compliance and governance to ensure regulatory requirements
- Support other analytic and modeling development projects as needed.
- 7+ years of risk reporting experience, risk analytics experience, or a combination of both
- 2+ years of statistical modeling experience
- MS Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research or similar quantitative fields
- Previous experience in financial services industry in model development
- Expertise in credit risk model development, use, and monitoring
- Demonstrated ability to use R, SAS, Python, or SQL or advanced programming skills
- Experience in producing documentation with tools such as Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Visio
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and work collaboratively
- Strong conceptual and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, highly complex environment.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments with challenging timelines
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.