At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Credit and PPNR Modeling (CaPM) center of excellence of Wells Fargo is seeking a highly competent individual with experience in data extraction and reconciliation, data research, model integration coding and back testing to join its Small Business Credit Modeling team. The team is responsible for the development and maintenance of loss forecasting models that quantify the risk of borrower default on both secured and unsecured loans through the loan life cycle. These forecasting models are of different levels of sophistications that are tailored to the business needs of loan loss reserving, Stress Testing and business planning.
The individual in this position will be working closely with model developers, IT partners, LOB, and take a leading role in: (a) data extraction, reconciliation and research, (b) model integration coding and back testing, (c) model implementation and change management. The individual is expected to be the data guru with subject matter expertise, and serves as an internal data provider and resource. Responsibilities include, but not limited to, data reconciliation, data migration, model coding and preparing forecast scripts, back testing and other ad hoc forecasting runs, documentation of data linage and control points, and support of both internal and external data audits.Required Qualifications
- 7+ years of risk reporting experience, risk analytics experience, or a combination of both
- 3+ years of leadership experience
- 7+ years of SQL or SAS experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A Master's degree or higher in a quantitative discipline
- 3+ years of financial industry experience
- SAS programming experience in model implementation, reporting, and complex data manipulations
- Ability to assess current processes/procedures and make recommendations for efficiency
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Knowledge and understanding of statistical analysis
- In-depth knowledge of small business lending products and its transaction level loss and recovery data.
- Experience on implementation coding and back testing of loss forecasting models.
- Working knowledge of architecture designs of various loss forecasting models and corresponding data requirements.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.