At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Corporate Credit & Market Risk group is responsible for independently overseeing the management of credit risk exposures (including monitoring and reporting on aggregate credit exposures across groups, legal entities, geographies, and jurisdictions) and the quality of credit risk management practices across the company. This oversight extends to all phases of a loan’s life cycle, including origination, underwriting, risk analysis, approval, documentation, boarding, monitoring, loss recognition, modification, and collection activities. Corporate Credit & Market Risk is responsible for delegating and/or removing credit and investment approval authorities to the lines of business.
More specifically, Corporate Credit & Market Risk develops, maintains and ensures adherence to enterprise-wide credit risk frameworks, policies, and procedures that are aligned with Board-approved risk appetite.
The Credit Capital, Allowance and Stress Testing (CCAST) team is a unit within Corporate Credit & Market Risk and is responsible for the following:
- Oversight, modeling and estimation of risk weighted assets (RWA) in compliance with Basel regulations
- Consolidation, coordination, documentation and oversight of the allowance for credit losses (ACL) and related external disclosures
- Coordination, oversight, documentation, and submission for the credit section of the company-wide stress testing exercises in compliance with Dodd-Frank/Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) requirements.
- Analyzing data and its flow through end-to-end processes and the associated controls across Risk, Finance and Operations teams to ensure compliance with COSO Internal Control Framework and Basel Risk Reporting requirements (BCBS 239).
The CCAST team engages with team members throughout the bank to support the $960B+ loan portfolio. This includes working with Senior Credit Officers, Controllers, and Treasury. The team is also responsible for maintaining strong relationships with regulators, external auditors and other examiners.
The Allowance team is seeking a strong individual to join us in a Credit Risk Analytics role. The team is responsible for the Company’s quarterly Allowance as well as the Allowance forecasts for the Company’s bi-annual stress tests. This is a highly visible position that will partner closely with senior business and corporate function managers to achieve the following:
- Support the implementation of new Current Expected Credit Losses (CECL) accounting standards for the ACL team as the CCAST securities lead.
- Addressing the incorporation of an allowance for securities losses (both for quarterly process, and stress testing process) within the Stress Test Allowance Reporting Environment (STARE) in partnership with team members in the Risk, Finance and Controllership areas
- Develop and maintain appropriate governance and reporting under the CECL standard in partnership with team members in Risk, Finance and Controllership areas
- Prepare periodic progress updates and summaries for senior management, internal and external auditors and regulators as may be applicable
- Presentation of allowance securities materials for senior steering council meetings, addressing tracking and completion of follow-ups, as necessary.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of the various regulatory standards and audit guidelines with respect to data quality and reporting processes
- Engage with Risk and Finance partners within the Governance & Oversight (G&O) and COSO programs to understand and communicate key deliverables, expectations, milestones and due dates
- Synthesize analysis of data quality and process controls in the context of SEC and regulatory requirements, as necessary
- Partner with technology groups to improve automation capabilities by leveraging available reporting tools, as necessary
- 10+ years of risk reporting experience, risk analytics experience, or a combination of both
- 3+ years of leadership experience
- Credit and risk analysis experience
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial credit: risk
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with integrity and a high level of professionalism with all levels of team members and management
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to research and report on a variety of issues using problem solving skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access) skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
The position requires an individual who possesses the following:
- An understanding of commercial and/or consumer lending transactions and credit risk attributes
- An understanding of credit risk and its assessment for Held-to-Maturity (HTM) and Available-for-Sale (AFS) securities
- Business acumen, enabling positive interactions with various business, risk and finance groups across the Company
- Data query and analytical skills in order to analyze key credit risk attributes, data sources, risk migration and presentation within Risk and Regulatory Reporting, as necessary
- Problem solving skills in order to respond to and overcome challenges presented within the context of a complex credit risk data environment
- Ability to partner closely with other team members across the organization, maintaining a commitment to excellence in a fast paced environment
- Ability to develop effective solutions with the best information available within a rapidly evolving program
- Strong documentation and understanding of systems, data, process and controls
- 10 years of audit, finance and/or risk-related analytics experience within the financial services industry
- Credit and risk experience, especially in a securities environment
- MBA, CFA, CIA and/or CPA certification
- Big 4 experience
- Knowledge of commercial and/or consumer lending portfolios
- Knowledge of credit risk for HTM and AFS securities
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.