At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk, and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
This Credit Risk Analytics Consultant 2 (CRAC 2) role resides within Corporate Risk in the Service Members Civil Relief Act (SCRA) Center of Excellence (COE). The mission of the SCRA COE is to ensure enterprise-wide compliance with federal SCRA legislation. This role will be responsible for SCRA analytics and reporting, leveraging analytics to synthesize insights from data to identify emerging risks, overseeing the development of ongoing daily and monthly reporting and risk data management initiatives, and a wide variety of other risk management activities to manage operational risk and improve compliance and customer satisfaction.
Specifically this CRAC 2 role will:
- Develop core SCRA reporting and analytics, leveraging internal risk databases and the Department of Defense Manpower Data Center database
- Provide leadership to the ongoing transformation of the SCRA COE to ensure we leverage data and analytics and that we comply with regulations and deliver for our military customers
- Manage the ongoing development of reporting to proactively identify eligible service members and downstream business reporting to ensure benefits are applied
- Work closely with SCRA COE leadership, partnering with internal and external business counterparts to develop and support analytical projects and process enhancements to improve operational risk
- Manage communication of critical risk insights through regular reporting and presenting to senior management
- Oversee complex assignments to identify and define strategic business issues that require analysis, and translate this information into insight, knowledge, and understanding of the business and the industry
- Review/analyze trends, identify new methodology/data sources, and recommend strategy changes or process enhancements
** Primary locations are West Des Moines, IA; Charlotte, NC; San Francisco, CA; Wilmington, DE; Minneapolis, MN; Menomonee Falls, WI; however other Wells Fargo footprint locations will be considered. This position does not have an option to telecommute 100% of the time; however working remotely occasionally may be considered***Required Qualifications
- 5+ years of risk reporting experience, risk analytics experience, or a combination of both; or a Master s degree or higher in a quantitative field such as mathematics, economics, or engineering and 3+ years of risk reporting experience
- 3+ years of SQL or SAS experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of retail banking, loan products, and systems a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of risk management in financial services
- Experience compiling and summarizing information in a compelling way that tells a story which can be shared with senior leaders within the organization
- Dedicated, enthusiastic, driven, and performance-oriented; strong work ethic and self-starter
- Intellectually curious about mining data and uncovering important information relevant to the business that might not be readily apparent
- Ability to conduct complex analytics and reporting, and utilize superb critical thinking skills to develop accurate and actionable analyses and reports that empower partners to manage operational risk effectively
- Ability to work effectively in virtual environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to partner and collaborate with a diverse group of shareholders including individuals from operations, risk, audit, legal, and regulatory partners
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.