At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Credit Capital, Allowance and Stress Testing (CCAST) organization within Corporate Credit & Market Risk is seeking highly motivated individual to join our team. CCAST is responsible for:
- Oversight and analysis of credit risk-weighted assets (RWA) in compliance with Basel regulations
- Consolidation, coordination, documentation and oversight of the allowance for credit losses (ACL) and related external disclosures
- Coordination, oversight, documentation, and submission for the credit section of the company-wide stress testing exercises in compliance with Dodd-Frank/Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) requirements.
The CCAST team works with people throughout the company, including Senior Credit Officers, Controllers, Treasury, and other groups in support of the $960B loan portfolio and other credit risks. The team is also responsible for maintaining strong relationships with regulators, external auditors and other examiners.
Within CCAST, Regulatory Credit Capital Oversight (RCCO) is seeking an individual with strong analytics and reporting background to work with both the Wholesale and Retail Workstreams to ensure the bank’s compliance with the Basel regulatory capital rules for the Bank’s credit exposures. This position will report to the Analytics and Reporting Team manager and work extensively with other parts of RCCO (workstream teams, operations & governance) as well as a variety of business partners on quarterly and monthly deliverables. Key business partners include Wholesale and Retail data providers (lines of business), corporate controllers, corporate treasury and other corporate oversight areas.
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and document analyses supporting credit risk capital as used in regulatory reporting, management reporting, stress testing, and quantitative impact studies (QIS). Analyses will be used for preparing adjustments and overlays, for answering questions, for making projections, or to gain additional insight.
- Create documentation or supporting material to be used in qualitative model development document.
- Document analysis validating that end-user computing tools (EUCT) perform as intended.
- Assist with quantitative impact studies (QIS) deliverables as needed, including researching and responding to questions from the regulators
- Support other reporting and analytic processes in the group.
- Develop subject matter expertise on the regulatory capital rules and regulations as they apply to credit risk, capital calculations, reporting requirements, stress testing, etc.
This position is part of a high functioning, high profile team and requires the presence and professional demeanor necessary to interact effectively with team members across corporate risk and finance and their technology organizations. Strong organizational and communication skills are needed.Required Qualifications
- 7+ years of risk reporting experience, risk analytics experience, or a combination of both
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to research and report on a variety of issues using problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher in a quantitative discipline
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment
- Ability to interact with integrity and a high level of professionalism with all levels of team members and management
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance requirements surrounding BASEL, Risk Appetite and stress testing
- Ability to seek creative and quantifiable solutions to complicated business questions based on a combination of data, business knowledge and educated assumptions
- Ability to document complicated and dynamic procedures and analysis, including background, assumptions, analytical steps, limitations and conservatism considerations
- Working knowledge with quantitative modeling techniques such as Excel modeling, simple regression, logistic regression, decision tree
- Working knowledge and understanding of Excel macro, SQL or SAS
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.