The Credit and PPNR Modeling (CaPM) Team is a unit within Corporate Credit and Market Risk and is responsible for model development and implementation of the following model types:
- Credit loss estimation models for the entire loan portfolio to support Allowance for Credit Loss (ACL), including preparations for Current Expected Credit Loss (CECL); estimation of risk weighted assets (RWA) in compliance with Basel regulations; and, economically sensitive credit loss estimation in compliance with Dodd Frank and the Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review exercises (CCAR).
- Models to support Pre-Provision Net Revenue (PPNR) estimates including forecasting models to support Dodd Frank and the Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review exercises (CCAR).
The Operations and Infrastructure (O&I) is a part of the Model Implementation and Production (MIP) team within the CaPM Center of Excellence (COE) and focuses on process support and infrastructure necessary to ensure the ongoing success of the greater CaPM team.
The team is seeking an individual to join the Operations and Infrastructure team with the focus on process/audit support and controls framework. This position will focus on providing general support to the Retail, Commercial, and/or PPNR modeling teams, model governance, model issue remediation and tracking, and project management. The position will work closely with business partners to support model development, implementation, execution, performance monitoring, and reporting of Credit and PPNR models. The position will also facilitate audits and other governance items.
This position joins a high functioning, high profile team and requires the presence and professional demeanor necessary to interact effectively with team members across CaPM, Lines of Business (LOB), model governance, oversight, validation, and audit organizations, as well as strong documentation capabilities that can effectively convey complex processes. The candidate must possess organizational and prioritization skills, as well as strong attention to detail. This role will require critical thinking and a tactical approach to problem solving.
- Support efforts related to G&O, BCBS239, COSO, and EUCT compliance. Develop documentation including process narratives and desktop procedures ensuring compliance within key policy and regulatory standards.
- Enhance, execute, and document model implementation and execution control processes, as well as have responsibility for collecting evidence of process controls and interacting directly with stakeholders for internal and external audits and regulatory reviews.
- Provide project management support for CaPM projects ensuring that multiple teams are working together to create cohesive modeling, implementation and execution solutions that enable effective Retail, Commercial, and/or PPNR forecasting processes within the following areas: Credit stress testing, Basel, financial planning and Allowance/CECL processes.
- Help maintain technical infrastructure including the UNIX/LINUX, LAN and SharePoint environments including access, access reviews and capacity management.
- Serve as the liaison with Model Governance, ensuring models are compliant and key governance deliverables are met including model inventories, model issues and model monitoring. In addition, ensure that the Model Risk System (MoRS) is up to date for the models in scope.
The candidate will have the opportunity to interact with multiple lines of business and senior management and will also engage in ongoing discussions and planning with partners such as CMoR, CFMO and model governance teams, as well as auditors and external regulators.Required Qualifications
- 7+ years of risk reporting experience, risk analytics experience, or a combination of both
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one of the following statistical related fields: applied mathematics, statistics, finance, economics, or engineering
- SAS experience
- Good understanding of modeling concepts, familiarity with model implementation and production, and model governance
Understanding of key regulatory compliance risk components, including experience driving consistency and quality across all aspects of a risk function, including a solid understanding of process controls
- Ability to identify and manage complex issues and negotiate solutions within a geographically dispersed organization
- Experience with risk management concepts, audit, and controls
- An understanding of data and analytics across multiple product classes, systems, and organizations.
- Experience creating documentation of code used for audit or training of other programmers.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.