At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Credit Capital, Allowance and Stress Testing (CCAST) organization within Corporate Credit & Market Risk is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team.
CCAST is responsible for:
- Oversight and analysis of credit risk-weighted assets (RWA) in compliance with Basel regulations
- Consolidation, coordination, documentation and oversight of the allowance for credit losses (ACL) and related external disclosures
- Coordination, oversight, documentation, and submission for the credit section of the company-wide stress testing exercises in compliance with Dodd-Frank/Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) requirements.
The CCAST team works with people throughout the company, including Senior Credit Officers, Controllers, Treasury, and other groups to support the $960B loan portfolio and other credit risks. The team is also responsible for maintaining strong relationships with regulators, external auditors and other examiners.
Within CCAST, Regulatory Credit Capital Oversight (RCCO) is seeking an individual with strong governance and COSO reporting background to work with both the Wholesale and Retail Workstreams to ensure the bank’s compliance with the Basel regulatory capital rules. This position will report to the Governance and Oversight Team manager and work extensively with other parts of RCCO (workstream teams, operations & reporting and analysis) as well as a variety of business partners on quarterly and monthly deliverables. Key business partners include Wholesale and Retail data providers (lines of business), corporate controllers, corporate treasury and other corporate oversight areas.
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the monitoring and testing of Wholesale and Retail Basel Workstream compliance with the Governance & Oversight Framework and COSO Policy.
- Enhance and maintain Compliance Rationale Documents and related processes for Wholesale and Retail Basel to ensure documentation supporting compliance with the Basel Rule is complete and accurate.
- Support on-going compliance with the Base rule for Wholesale and Retail Basel.
- Monitor compliance with corporate policies to identify gaps and opportunities for improvement and assist with the related development and monitoring of remediation plans.
- Monitor the remediation of governance-related issues in the Centralized Issues and Corrective Actions Tracker to ensure remediation plans are on target.
- Make independent recommendations based on general guidelines to improve existing governance processes as a result of changes in regulatory capital requirements or internal policies and procedures.
- Coordinate remediation efforts across teams including Corporate Risk, Line of Business Credit and Finance and Treasury and Enterprise Basel.
This position is part of a high functioning, high profile team and requires the presence and professional demeanor necessary to interact effectively with team members across corporate risk and finance and their technology organizations. Strong organizational and communication skills are needed.
**Open to any location in the Wells Fargo footprintRequired Qualifications
- 7+ years of risk reporting experience, risk analytics experience, or a combination of both
- A BS/BA degree or higher in business administration, finance, or accounting
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 3+ years of public accounting experience
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance requirements surrounding BASEL, Risk Appetite and stress testing
- Audit/compliance function in the financial services industry with an emphasis on risk management and/or internal controls
- 2+ years experience with the Basel regulatory framework for credit exposures with a focus on governance or regulatory reporting
- Ability to communicate across various levels of management and to operate independently, analyze issues and make key decisions
- Successful at turning preliminary or ambiguous information, ideas or problems into well-defined plans and implementable solutions
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, take on new challenges and collaborate effectively with other team members to accomplish business goals
- Demonstrated ability to work independently under pressure with tight deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft office products Word, Excel and Power Point
- Understanding of governance frameworks, process documentation, what could go wrong analyses and management review controls.
- Experience with commercial and/or consumer lending.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.