At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The CCAST (Credit Capital, Allowance and Stress Testing) organization is seeking highly motivated individual to join a high profile team. The CCAST group is responsible for independently overseeing the analysis, management and data of credit risk exposures and the processes used to analyze those risks across the company.
CCAST is seeking an individual to work within the Model Oversight and Stress Testing team to manage the flow, control, organization and quality of data that connects the credit loss forecasting teams to the key credit reporting processes, including CCAR, allowance, recovery and resolution and other business reporting and analytical processes. This individual will play a key role in supporting the activities of the team leader, while enhancing the process and product of the team.
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Ability to lead by influence, and serve a key support role to the team leader. This person must be able to assume the team leader’s responsibilities at any time, which requires a detailed understanding of the process, the controls and be able to interact effectively with key stakeholders.
• Trouble-shoot issues and pro-actively enact solutions in real time.
• Develop methods to enhance the existing process to add efficiency, transparency and consistency while maintaining quality and responsiveness standards.
• Highly organized, responsive, and attentive to details
• Comfortable handling complex processes and data sets. Good project management skills. Comfort with data management is necessary, although technical data management skills are not necessarily required.
• Familiarity with risk reporting, credit accounting standards and key risk processes such as CCAR, CECL and ALLL. Expertise is not required in any of these areas, but a willingness to be become a key contributor is essential.
• Curiosity and a willingness to learn an existing process and a devotion to thoughtful innovation in the spirit of continuous improvement.
• Able to work with partners that span multiple levels of leadership and across multiple corporate functions. This is a high visibility position that requires an ability to communicate effectively.
• Ability to work under tight timelines to produce high quality materials for executive decision-making.
- 7+ years of risk reporting experience, risk analytics experience, or a combination of both
- 3+ years of leadership experience
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Ability to exercise independent judgment to identify and resolve problems
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience communicating trends and impacts to all management levels
- Ability to identify and manage complex issues and negotiate solutions within a geographically dispersed organization
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- 3+ years of financial industry experience
- 3+ years of consumer credit experience
- 3+ years of risk and regulatory compliance experience
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance requirements surrounding BASEL, Risk Appetite and stress testing
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
- 2+ years of experience with the accounting/General Ledger aspects of credit products
- 2+ years of experience with SAS or SQL, or other data management, reporting and query tools
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
NC-Charlotte: 11625 N Community House Road - Charlotte, NC
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
CT-Stamford: 300 Main St - Stamford, CT
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.