At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk, and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Credit Risk Analytics Consultant 4 position provides leadership and guidance for the business in providing functional oversight, independent credible challenge, and model governance activities for credit score models and credit loss estimate models across all consumer and small businesses, and across the entire credit lifecycle. Credit score models and loss estimate models play a key role in credit risk management, and this is a critical position in ensuring proper management and use of these models for Wells Fargo. This Consultant will work within a highly matrixed organization and partner with other functional model oversight teams, Corporate Model Risk (CMoR), business risk managers, and model developers.
The Credit Risk Analytics Consultant 4 responsibilities include:
- Develop and enhance credit scoring and loss estimate model governance policies, processes, and procedures
- Validate assumptions and empirical evidence used in deriving model risk ranks; provide ongoing credible challenge to model risk ranking and model inventories for completeness and accuracy
- In the context of credit risk strategies, provide credible challenge to model’s business assumptions in model development (such as the appropriateness of the development population, dependent and independent variables); set model use restrictions as appropriate and ensure models are used for intended and validated use
- Assess independently model performance based on the monitoring reports provided by the businesses
- Assess model risk rank and ongoing use risk in model annual reviews and revalidations to ensure models continue to be used appropriately
- Track adherence to model risk management policy and regulatory expectations, escalate any exceptions/issues, and ensure timely issue resolution
- Ensure that the risk of new use of existing models are controlled and validated
- Provide credible challenge to loss estimate ongoing adjustment as appropriate
- Aggregate model risk across all credit score and loss estimate models, develop management reports, and communicate enterprise level model risk to executive leadership and the regulators
- Promote best practice and consistency across the businesses in model documentation and ongoing monitoring
Additionally, this Consultant may provide analytical support to the Consumer Credit Oversight team in Credit Quality Assurance to identify emerging risk trend in credit decision and operation risk that impact the credit decision. This role may also provide analytical support to the Consumer Credit Strategy Evaluation team in Risk ID projects in reviewing, assessing, and challenging the Risk ID assumptions and in monitoring the risk outcome against expectations.
Ideal location for this opportunity will be Des Moines, Iowa, however other major Wells Fargo locations will be considered.Required Qualifications
- 7+ years of risk reporting experience, risk analytics experience, or a combination of both
- 3+ years of leadership experience
- Ability to work effectively in a highly matrixed organization and partner with other individuals and teams
- Broad based and solid knowledge of consumer credit risk management, and use of credit score and loss estimate models in consumer lending
- Technical skills to understand limitations and appropriate use of models, including how models are developed
- Experience, knowledge, and judgment in overseeing activities for credit score and loss estimate models across the businesses
- Demonstrated understanding of the credit scoring and loss estimate models and, in particular, their use in business strategies and post implementation performance monitoring in consumer and small business lending
- Seasoned risk manager with deep experience and knowledge in acquisitions, account management, and collection strategies for consumer lending businesses
- Deep knowledge of model risk management regulations, guidelines, and experience in model risk management governance in a financial institution
- Outstanding leadership potential and proven ability to build relationships with the businesses
- Respected and capable individual with the experience, knowledge, and judgment to understand issues and provide advice to business to solve problems
- Strong communication skills
- MBA in economics, or other advanced degree in a quantitative field (e.g. statistics) is strongly preferred
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.