At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Assist the Governance and Administration team in the Wholesale Strategy and Cross Border Governance Group to efficiently and effectively support governance for Wells Fargo’s international platform and footprint. Partner with team members across Wells Fargo and around the world in multiple lines of business and across the various shared services support teams on various governance initiatives, processes and projects. Support the Governance team in leading and contributing to Wholesale and international governance initiatives including product/service risk management, board governance, international committee structures, and other governance initiatives as required.
- Structuring, execute, and leading cross-functional governance initiatives across Wells Fargo’s international support functions and businesses in support of Wells Fargo’s international businesses
- Proactively develop relationships with business and support group partners operating on Wells Fargo’s international platform
- Working closely with the Regional Management teams including Regional Presidents, Country Managers, and Regional COOs on execution of key governance initiatives
- Coordinate and facilitate compliance, legal, risk management, finance, tax, regulatory, technology, and operations issues within the context of governance initiatives
- Communicate and coordinate with all lines of business operating internationally in the execution of governance initiatives
- Create mechanisms for better and more consistent communication across business units internationally as well as between US-based business heads, and regional team members
- Identify and frame governance related improvement opportunities that impact multiple business units / support groups
- Lead governance related initiatives and manage the cross-organizational initiative team members to enhance risk management, control and governance
- Perform assessments through fact-finding and analysis requiring creative approaches to solving various challenging issues
- Develop project plans, frame and conduct insightful analyses, identify solutions, and develop a business case and an implementation plan
- Facilitate decision-making and issue resolution as required
- Obtain buy-in to proposed solutions / plans from stakeholders
- Support implementation of developed solutions / plans, as necessary
- Support of internal audits and regulatory exams for the international businesses as required
- Help develop solutions, recommendations, implementation plans and communication plans
- Support key meetings (ex. CBGG NIC, WSCBG quarterly meetings / town halls) through preparation of materials and meeting administration
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: management consulting, strategy consulting or financial services
- Basic knowledge and understanding of international business
- Strong project management skills
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong presentation skills
- Solid problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- International banking experience
- Ability to work across multiple lines of business leading large scale initiatives
- 1+ year of experience in one or a combination of the following: strategic assessment or international experience
- 3+ years of experience in operational risk management or audit in financial services
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of an organization; including at the executive level
- Ability to perform critical analysis of the industry landscape, economic environment and competitive intelligence, identifying trends, gaps and business opportunities
- BA/BS degree or higher in business or a related field
- Ability to interact positively within a team environment and be a self-motivated individual
- Pragmatic, flexible, proactive approach to their work
- Ability to work independently at times
- MS Access and relational database skills preferred
- Good organizational and time management skills
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.