DescriptionRole: CSOC Endpoint Security Engineer 2
Location: Louisville, KY
In the fast-paced, ever-growing world of Healthcare, Humana relies on the latest technology and trends for sharing and storing information, communication and security. We need experts in technology to help us develop and maintain our networks, hardware, and software—to ensure our systems run smoothly and efficiently, keep us on the forefront of innovation in healthcare, and retain our competitive edge. At Humana, we want to help people everywhere, including our associates lead their best lives and achieve lifelong well-being. We look for talented individuals who share this passion for helping others, who have naturally curious and innovative minds, and who want a career where they can use their technical skills to make a positive impact on the lives of our members.
Be a strategic leader in cutting edge Healthcare technology!
As an Endpoint Technology Consultant you will understand the technical needs of the security environment and align those needs to the overall IT and business strategies within the organization. This includes support of products such as Data Leakage Prevention (DLP) suites, Enterprise Antivirus, Disk Encryption Technologies, and password management tools. Additional responsibilities include the evaluation, testing, documentation and integration of new Vulnerability Management & Compliance Audit Solutions. Support, selection, and implementation of:
• Endpoint protection technologies.
• Technologies used for access to secured network environments or remote support
• Technologies enabling 2-factor security
• Security audit and compliance technologies
• Data Classification and tagging technologies
• Accountability: Meets established expectations and takes responsibility for achieving results; encourages others to do the same. Employs focus, attention to detail, reliability, and appropriate prioritization to drive outcomes. Sees opportunities to contribute and takes the initiative to create solutions.
• Builds Trust: Consistently models and inspires high levels of integrity in decisions, speech, and actions. Lives up to commitments, taking responsibility for the impact of one's actions. Exercises the courage to prioritize principles and values over personal or professional gain.
• Collaborates: Engages others by gathering multiple views and being open to diverse perspectives, focusing on a shared purpose that puts Humana's overall success first. Develops and strengthens networks and relationships, both inside and outside the organization, that support company performance. Proactively and transparently contributes information and energy toward creating value with others.
• Customer Focus: Connects meaningfully with customers to build emotional engagement and customer advocacy. Develops and applies deep customer knowledge and intimacy to develop and deliver products, services, and interactions that provide value beyond expectations. Simplifies complexity and integrates internal efforts to deliver an optimal customer experience.
Key accountabilities include:
• Installation, testing and implement systems software including: customization, documentation resolution and support:
o Understand and implement the software certification process as it pertains to security solutions
o Develop and implement rollout plans for new applications as well as version upgrades to existing applications.
• Provide technical consulting, and customer support to all areas of Information Systems and business users:
o Provide technical assistance and support to IT and business users as it pertains to security solutions
o Work as consultants to internal departments, Enterprise Information Security and Service Centers for security solutions.
o Set policy and strategic direction as it pertains to security solutions and infrastructure.
• Provide support for business security projects and initiatives as required:
o Develop and implement procedures that support the management, daily operations and technical support of the security infrastructure environment.
o Provide system integration and implementation expertise in relation to departmental and enterprise applications.
• Other duties as assigned:
o Performs on-call support and direction for less experienced associates.
o Provides training and leadership for less experienced associates.
o Understands and leads in standardized methodologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Basic understanding of security related technology, including hardware, software and operating systems.
- Basic understanding of networking and including routing, architecture, and design.
- Ability to partner with other departments within the organization to implement web and endpoint based solutions to business challenges.
- Basic understanding of the functions of programming languages.
- The ability to troubleshoot complex system problems, and be able to engage and work with the proper technical areas to resolve problems
- Previous experience in a large Enterprise Security organization.
Computer Skills: Windows Server 2008, Server 2012, Server 2016, Windows 7, Widows 10, Unix/Linux, Enterprise Antivirus, Data Loss Prevention suites, Disk Encryption Technologies
- Preventive Maintenance Program, Certified Information Systems Security Professional and/or
- One or more of the following certifications: Network +, Security +, CCNA, CCNP,CCIE, CWNA, CWNP, CWNE, GCIH, GCIA, GCED, MCSE, CISSP
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Microsoft certification
You will report to a Technology Manager. This area is under the leadership of the SVP & Chief Operating Officer.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40