Department:OH1FC_15000_000 Diagnostic Radiology
Expected Weekly Hours:0
Position Purpose:An affiliation of Mount Carmel and Fairfield Medical Center, Diley Ridge Medical Center is a state-of-the-art medical complex that includes emergency, inpatient and diagnostic services as well as an attached medical office building. Located in Canal Winchester, the center serves patients throughout northern Fairfield County, including the communities of Pickerington, Groveport, Canal Winchester, Carroll, Baltimore and Violet Township.
At Diley Ridge Medical Center, we’re proud to be a part of the lives of the people in our community. That's why we're looking for CT Radiographers who have a strong spirit of community, sense of teamwork and constant focus on excellence.
Job Description Details:
Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities )
- Graduate of a Radiologic Technology Program, registered as a Radiographer by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) or registry eligible. CT registry preferred. Valid State Of Ohio Radiological License required.
- Prior CT / MRI or Special Procedures experience preferred.
- Minimum of two years work experience as Staff Radiographer in a hospital setting preferred.
- Knowledge of pathology and cross sectional anatomy required.
- Able to perform professional duties with minimal supervision.
- Possesses a high level of professionalism and the ability to establish good rapport with staff, patients, and physicians.
- Possesses effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Current CPR certification required.
Reports to: Diagnostic Imaging Lead
Supervises: N/AJob Responsibilities
- Exhibits the Service Excellence Behavior Standards, role modeling excellence for all to see. For example: demonstrates friendliness and courtesy, effective communication creates a professional environment and provides first class service.
- Clinical Practice: (1) Performs CT / radiographic examinations upon order of physician. (2) Analyzes CT / radiographic examinations for quality control purposes. (3) Prepares completed exam for interpretation by a radiologist. (4) Operates power injection equipment. (5) Operates image processing equipment. (6) Operates PACS equipment. (7) Administers oral and intravenous contrast. (8) Performs non-technical tasks and indirect patient care activities (i.e.) Patient transport, movement & positioning.
- Communication: (1) Communicates pertinent clinical information to appropriate members of the patient care team & department personnel. (2) Keeps patient / family appraised / updated. (3) Establishes and maintains strong positive communication with patient and families.
- Collaboration: Confers with Registered Nurses and physicians relative to procedure and patient preparation.
- Education: Provides patient & family education relative to the procedure being performed.
- Safe Practice: (1) Follows established guidelines for Risk Management and Organizational Integrity programs and applicable regulatory requirements. (2) Follows guidelines for radiation safety as outlined in Radiation Safety Policy Manual. (3) Follows guidelines for CT / Radiology, as outlined in policy manual. (4) Ensures patient & personnel safety in and around the magnet. (5) Practices in accordance with Infection Control guidelines and within the guidelines for an environmental exposure, as outlined in the MSDS.
- Documentation: (1) Enters patient charges; responsible for charge error correction. (2) Documents accurately & completely, pertinent assessments, interventions & outcomes in accordance with documentation standards, policies, procedures and / or guidelines. (3) Updates & maintains computerized and hard copy patient records.
- Computer Skills: (1) Utilizes computer systems appropriate to area effectively. (2) Utilizes internet and intranet appropriately.
- Initiative: (1) Maintains a responsible attitude toward individual performance in accordance with approved policies & procedures. (2) Responsible for the meeting individual education and training requirements. (3) Responsible to facilitate improvement in patient care services, staff / physician relationships and the working climate. (4) Responsible / accountable for professional development and maintaining licensure. (5) Responsible for own education. (6) Attends departmental meetings as required. (7) Assists in orientation of new staff and participates in student instruction and experiences when requested. (8) Assists in maintenance of departmental compliance with continuous regulatory readiness.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Not responsible for supervisory duties, but may be designated as Acting Supervisor or Take-Charge Supervisor in the absence of the Diagnostic Imaging Lead.
- Responsible for compliance with Organizational Integrity through raising questions and promptly reporting actual or potential wrongdoing.
- Participates in and coordinates with organizational process to collect and evaluate information about hazards and safety practices that are used to identify safety management issues. Adheres to established policies and procedures, which may include wearing of personal protective equipment.
- Participates in and fosters a performance improvement approach that includes both intradepartmental and interdepartmental activities.
- Fulfills on-call coverage requirement and participates in the weekend & holiday rotations.
- Assists in maintaining supplies.
- Accepts other responsibilities as assigned.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.