For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
If you are located in the Phoenix, AZ and surrounding areas, you will have the flexibility to work from home as you take on some tough challenges.
- Engage members onsite in the hospital and telephonically as part of our post discharge program
- Make concerted effort to find members post-discharge that are difficult to reach
- Make initial post-discharge call within 1- 3 days of discharge to ensure that discharged member receive the necessary services and resources
- Identify gaps or barriers in treatment plans
- Provide patient education to assist with self-management
- Interact with Medical Directors or member’s PCP Coordinate post-discharge care and services for members as necessary
- Make referrals to outside sources
- Educate members on disease processes
- Encourage members to make healthy lifestyle changes
- Document and tracking findings
- Prioritize large volume of member activities
- Adapt to regular process changes as new program evolves
Registered Nurse with an active, unrestricted license in the State of Arizona
5+ years’ experience as an RN in a clinical setting
- A background in case management, community care or home care
- Basic level of experience with Microsoft Word, with the ability to navigate a Windows environment
- Must have a designated work space and access to install secure high speed Internet via cable in home
- Ability to travel 10-20% onsite to local hospital(s) in the area to visit members
- Bachelor's Degree
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Case Management experience
- Experience with discharge planning or transitional care services
- Bi-lingual in Spanish
- Strong organizational skills and multitasking abilities will be keys to success
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: RN, Registered Nurse, Nurse, CCM, Case Manager, Case Management, Transitional Care, STARS, Hospital RN, Acute Care, Discharge Planning, Care Coordination, Community Transitions Program, Managed Care, Phoenix, Goodyear, Arizona, AZ, UnitedHealthcare, UHC, UnitedHealth Group, UHG