At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wells Fargo Commercial Capital (WFCC) combines Wholesale’s secured lending businesses including Asset Backed Finance (ABF), Commercial Distribution Finance (CDF), Corporate Trust Services (CTS), Wells Fargo Capital Finance (WFCF) and Wells Fargo Equipment Finance (WFEF). This consolidated group of businesses helps customers leverage their company’s assets into flexible financing solutions. WFCC is a leading contributor to Wholesales revenue, assets, and net income.
This position is within Corporate Trust Services (CTS), a division of Commercial Capital.
The Account Management Supervisor 2 position in the Specialized Asset Services (SAS) division of Wells Fargo will be focused on supervising team members that work on simple to mid-level accounts across Collateralized Loan Obligations (CLO s), Bank Debt, Collateralized Debt Obligations (CDO s).
The incumbent will be responsible for perform all supervisory functions (including, but not limited to: hiring, training, performance evaluations, providing challenges and growth opportunities, coaching, etc.) for a 5-10 member team within the Specialized Asset Services department. Duties include: assist with the development of tracking and monitoring reports, resolve customer issues and inquiries; train staff on responsibilities, product enhancements and new products; ensure that service and productivity standards and goals are met; review, tracking and monitoring reports for items requiring action. Responsible for partnering with Relationship Managers to managing the production cycle of team. Act as a team leader over junior analysts who will complete daily assigned tasks (daily cash process, reporting, payment, client requests, etc). Responsible for understanding legal documents such as Indentures, Hedge agreements, Swap Agreements, Master Repurchase agreements, etc. Responsible for working with internal teams to suggest, create, and test system enhancements to create efficiencies. This group is responsible for performing the trustee, calculation agent, collateral administrator, and custodian functions for various types of deals . Responsible for identifying, understanding, communicating, and resolving processing issues with potential control implications. Interact with internal and external customers, such as collateral managers, issuers, rating agencies, legal counsel and underwriters, in discussing various aspects of legal documents and compliance to such documents for assigned portfolio. Guide the development, documentation and implementation of departmental procedures in order to maintain and control the accuracy and efficiency of departmental processes; minimize the risk of incorrect or inaccurate reporting. Lead and participate actively in daily, monthly, and payment related activities including proficient review of final product output, troubleshoot and problem solve in a timely manner, and provide an environment that will ensure staff is able to meet required deadlines. Manage and participate actively in the new deal setup and issuance process. Lead or participate actively in departmental projects, including assisting the systems support group with design, programming, analysis, testing and implementation. Supervise the process for providing accurate information to all internal and external customers as well as responding to internal and external customer inquiries. Ensure Wells Fargo Bank performs all duties and obligations associated with governing contracts. Participate in potential/new client presentations and visits. Complete/lead special projects as needed/assigned in a timely and efficient manner. Some travel required for this position.
Other responsibilities include:
Representing CTS in developing and maintaining client relationships; selling and promoting CTS products and services to existing clients; contractual document review, negotiation, and closing coordination. May participate in closing of deals.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 6+ years of financial services experience
- 2+ years of direct people management experience
- 2+ years of account management experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Access skills
- Knowledge and understanding of corporate trust: industry, products, and processes
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Leadership experience
- Ability to develop and execute business strategies tied to a common vision, which maximizes revenue and profitability
- Ability to identify key issues, involve affected parties, design solutions, obtain buy-in, and communicate effectively through resolution
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of an organization; including at the executive level
- Corporate Trust, Account Management or related experience
- Analytical and organizational skills with proven success in problem analysis and resolution
- Knowledge and understanding change management processes
- Ability to balance needs of clients, shareholders and team members
- Ability to travel
- Bachelor s degree in Business or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Expertise with CLO s and bank debt products.
- Experience with CDO Suite.
- Master s degree in Business or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate flexibility and implement change.
- Works independently and displays a take charge attitude.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.