The Cook is responsible for making all Lucky’s Food Service recipes to spec and ensuring the highest food quality and taste. This position requires adhering to all procedural guidelines set by the Culinary Department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Preps all ingredients and recipes to spec to ensure highest quality and taste.
- Properly stocks, rotates labels and stores product as set by the Culinary Department schematics and Health Department regulations.
- Practice proper care and maintenance of all equipment.
- Maintain high productivity and efficiency levels.
- Ensures cleanliness of food preparation areas, storage area, and work area for safety; includes cleaning of shelves and products, keeping floors free of liquid spills or water, removing hazardous debris from floor and sweeping.
- Receives, inspects, and logs products for accuracy of production, temperature, and quality.
- Requires operating and using equipment such as knives, scales, wrappers, compactors, garbage disposals, pallet jacks, and hand trucks.
- Uses knowledge of scales and weight measures to accurately weigh and label products.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalency degree.
- Preferred 1 -2 years kitchen and food preparation processes and procedures.
- Previous experience in a natural foods industry is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Solid experience with food handling practices and current ServSafe certificate.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and follow instructions.
- Strong motivational abilities.
- Strong knife skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities with staff and customers.
- Passion and knowledge of natural foods.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- Must be familiar with Health Department guidelines and regulations as they pertain to a grocery retail environment.
- Must have basic knowledge of math, weights, and measures.
- Must have skills working with all food service equipment such as knives, slicers, scales, and ovens.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- The potential for prolonged standing, walking, squatting and/or bending.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional high stress when dealing with systems/customers/staff.
- Ability to enter the cold case, cooler, and freezer thereby being subjected to cold temperatures for extended periods of time.
- Will perform repetitive hand and arm motions daily such as scooping and cutting.